Rugby World Cup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(It was a little bit tough against the Fidjians wasn't it :eyebrow:? You will have another game with Argentina, believe me !)

Nervewracking. Argentina probably. .."maybe" the Scots. This is a great RWC especially now that the two weakest links have been removed! What an upset. Who woulda thunk...?

Semis are going to be real crackers.

True...You guys massacred the Japanese!!!! Cherry Blossoms. Ha ha ha ha...errr no offence to any Japanese reading.

I would lay $20 that it will be an NZ vs Aus final...exciting stuff.

Who and when are you paying? Maybe you meant 2011!!:lotsalove:

Oh my..........

I predict great gnashing of gums and heads a-rolling down under today!! :D

I can't imagine the Springboks blowing it today though...... although who can tell.

I still think that they're the team to beat though.

France vs England? Oh well......at least we know each other quite well. Maybe we can use one of the Aussie or Kiwi heads for a ball! :wink: I bet they'll have a few spare! :D
We wait for semi final ! :)

There is nothing worse than a sore winner...

Consistently the All Blacks play great rugby and lose one game and therefore dip out on winning the world cup. France is a pretty average team that consistently plays pretty average Rugby and fluked it, along with a try that never should have been allowed after a forward pass.

To be fair no one here actually gives a hoot about the world cup...

The only cup that matters is the Bledisloe Cup.

To be fair no one here actually gives a hoot about the world cup...
Except maybe this guy........

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Let's see..... in the history of the world cup New Zealand and France have had two encounters right? Hmmm.....two flukes?

Similar to Australia and England........three encounters......three flukes?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I suppose if New Zealand doesn't care about the world cup one has to wonder why they turn up?

Maybe if teams didn't turn up thinking they were better than everyone else, and gave a little more credit to their opposition (REAL credit....not just public lip service), they might do better?

Just a thought.......

(I didn't see the forward pass thing but it's probably true in my experience, and a bad break for the Kiwis. On the other hand - everyone knows that decisions cut both ways all the time. For instance...in the England-Aus game, the first Aus penalty 3 points was as a result of the scrum being pulled down by the Aus pack. Until then the ref hadn't realized what was going on - but it became MUCH clearer as the game progressed)

Anyway.....don't sweat it....

2011 is in Kiwiland. Maybe it'll go better with a home crowd! :D

There is nothing worse than a sore winner...

Yes : a bad loser.

France is a pretty average team that consistently plays pretty average Rugby and fluked it, along with a try that never should have been allowed after a forward pass.

You're probably right, I don't know...
You could also say that NZ is a very good team unable to win a high pressure match. You must admit that our teams ( foot ball, hand ball or rugby) can manage with such pressures.
You have the best rugby players, you should have the best rugby team. But the best team might be able to win every important match.
Look at the english during the last world cup, they came without any doubts, everybody said they were the best, and they were the best!
Your newspapers said NZ was the best team, your bookmakers said that the France/NZ score should be a difference of 30 points ! Even if you take off this famous try ( that was a *******ing nice try ), there will never be 30 points !
Remember the second half, the all blacks tried to score during 5, 10, 15 minutes, pick and go, pick and go, again and again; but no way, our defense was just strong and disciplined enough . Witch was probably new for you ( thanks to our english defense-coach !).

In France we do have a great respect ( may I say admiration ?) for the All Blacks, the same for the Brasil foot ball team, that's why we love beating them.
Does the kiwis have any respect for the french teams ?

Back
Top Bottom