Routing info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Mabuhay Pinoy's

Can anyone tell me if there is banca service between any of the towns north of Dumaguete to Panagsama Beach, Cebu

Salamat

i'll keep an ear or eye out... but right no i don't have any personal knowledge...

maybe if you can contact someone (a resort, local government office or tourism business) on either duma or panagsama then they might be able to give you more concrete information...

if the distance is not too great there just may be some sort of regular ferry service between them

Jag

shugar:
i'll keep an ear or eye out... but right no i don't have any personal knowledge...

maybe if you can contact someone (a resort, local government office or tourism business) on either duma or panagsama then they might be able to give you more concrete information...

if the distance is not too great there just may be some sort of regular ferry service between them

Jag

Thanks Jag
I have found out since my original post that there is a ferry from Dumaguete to Santander, Cebu. From there a bus to Moalboal then taxi to Panagsama Beach.

That saves me from having to fly back to Manila to get from Dumaguete to Moalboal.

Jim,

There are also fast ferries from Cebu City to Dumaguete that run frequently, but that would involve driving back down 2hrs from Cebu City to Moalboal.

pakman:
Jim,

There are also fast ferries from Cebu City to Dumaguete that run frequently, but that would involve driving back down 2hrs from Cebu City to Moalboal.

Thanks.
What I am trying to accomplish is a visit to Dumaguete and Panagsama Beach without involving Manila. I can fly PAL from Honolulu to Cebu, bus to Moalboal, taxi to Panagsama Beach. When done there backtrack to Moalboal, bus south to Santander then ferry to Dumaguete. When done there ferry back to Santander, bus to Cebu then home. Whew. That avoids taking flights that have to go through Manila.

I'm considering the Central Visayas for my next trip in mid June because it will be the rainy season in the P.I. and that area is pretty much out of the typhoon track.

No final decison yet. Also was looking at Leyte and northern Mindanao but the time of year is more of a typhoon risk there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom