Rough first weekend on/in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teufelhunden, I think your wife's calm reaction to these issues is a VERY good omen for her continued enjoyment of diving!

But be careful what you wish for . . . Ask my husband what happens when wives become avid divers :D

Edited to correct reference.

You lucked out buddy. And as Lynn just said may have created a diving monster! My advice is to get her whatever gear she wants now! Budget permitting of course. Kudo's also to her instructor! When I first started reading your post my first thought was uh-oh, newbie ocean diving with little experience, what is he thinking ? But sometimes it pays to read the whole thread before forming an opinion. Have had some rough rapid ascents but never lost weight. Mainly due to integrated bc at first and now because in my BPW with singles the belt is under the crotch strap and with doubles the same even though it probably will go altogether as I was only using 2 lbs in it and these were my first dives in them. But it sounds like you are going to be having alot of fun for along time and personally as a DM, based on the way she handled herself on this occaison, I'd dive with her anytime. Get her her own gear!

TSandM:
Tigerman, I think your wife's calm reaction to these issues is a VERY good omen for her continued enjoyment of diving!

But be careful what you wish for . . . Ask my husband what happens when wives become avid divers :D
Im not the op, its not my wife :wink: (But man would I be proud if it was)

I think you've an excellent dive buddy in the making there, Devil Hound!

The two of you should progress quite nicely through your diving careers.

the K

Teufel Hound, :)
I agree with the above posters. Good dive training, good diver!

Great post! I know, from experience, that when you experience something like this, you remember it and hopefully apply it everytime (hopefully never again) it happens. Plus, it's great to have a good dive buddy that's there to keep you calm as well.

Michael

I am impressed. I have personally seen a few incidents begin like this but they did not get resolved until breaking the surface. Good job to both of you.

It sounds like your wife really paid attention in her classes. Good for her. I'm glad those incidents didn't scare her off from diving. Welcome to the Board.

Definately get your own gear. Esp with the kind of diving that you are doing, it is more by touch than by sight. Get the fit and features that you will need for your diving.
Glad that your situations worked out well. Best advice I can give is to work together in a less hostile environment (quarry/lake) and work with getting 100% with the equipt and just get in a bunch more dives.

Back
Top Bottom