Rongelap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget Rongelap at present. They have not even started the resort yet, the boat is in dry dock in Majuro aand there is no way it will be ready for months.

I would concentrate on Majuro & Arno Atolls, perhaps Mili and also of course Bikini.

Jaluit & Wotje also have good diving but are pretty much inaccesible from a diver's perspective.

PM me if you want more info...

Regards
Jim

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
Forget Rongelap at present. They have not even started the resort yet, the boat is in dry dock in Majuro aand there is no way it will be ready for months.
I would concentrate on Majuro & Arno Atolls, perhaps Mili and also of course Bikini.
Jaluit & Wotje also have good diving but are pretty much inaccesible from a diver's perspective.

PM me if you want more info...

Regards
Jim

Thanks Jim. I was lead to believe the operations were "near completion" and in reality it sounds like maybe only the planning is near completion. I look fwd to reading the rest of your report. I haven't posted my report from Truk (March 2003) yet but I think I will tonight. Thanks again.

You need to understand the local language here. EVERYTHING is "near completion" and everything is "good".
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I don't imagine that it would be that great anyway.
If you are going to be in the Marshalls you can find some wrecks (nothing too great though) in Majuro. For reef diving go to Arno. It is only a short boat ride from Majuro. Mili should be nice too. You will need to arrange Mili through an operator in Majuro though.
Jaluit has some wrecks but it is very difficult to arrange a trip there and when you get there it becomes a game of chance if someone can point out the locations of the wrecks for you.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom