Rolock dry glove system review and comparision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Ultima is on my pool suit (my new suit is my ocean suit), because if if I'm diving in bleach I'll use a 1k drysuit over a 4.7k drysuit

My new suit has been in the pool once for maybe. 45 min. Forgot to rinse it off! Pool session this weekend only because I need to get weighting tweaked with new undies.

My new suit has been in the pool once for maybe. 45 min. Forgot to rinse it off! Pool session this weekend only because I need to get weighting tweaked with new undies.

Your regular diving is fresh water so weighting is the same. Mine is salt so if I perfectly weight in the pool I have to readjust again for salt.

Your regular diving is fresh water so weighting is the same. Mine is salt so if I perfectly weight in the pool I have to readjust again for salt.

I’ve dived once with the new undies and they are so buoyant I need pool time to get weighting better. Has nothing to do with fresh vs pool water. weight

I’ve dived once with the new undies and they are so buoyant I need pool time to get weighting better. Has nothing to do with fresh vs pool water. weight

My undergarment is the same in pool. Very hot wearing undergarments for 31 degree temp in a 80 degree pool but the range of motion and construction is the same. The weight is vastly different though because of the salt vs fresh, that's why I'm keeping the Yukon drysuit, I don't care if it gets ruined by the choline.

@formernuke, that makes a lot of sense. Suffering through a pool check using the same configuration makes it easy to figure out the additional needed for salt. Assuming you were nicely weighted in the pool, you can scale from fresh to salt by adding 2.4% of the total dry mass of everything, including you. Salinity varies, but this will be very close. Ideally, just step on a scale when fully kitted up.

For example, someone weighing 265 lb with their gear (dry), and for whom 20 lb lead has them dialed in the pool... Add 6.8 lb (2.4% of 285 lb) for salt.

Ok....I did some snooping about the internet by uploading a copy of the picture you posted and found that the product you posted is the "Push-Pull" system for the Ultima DGS and is supposed to make attaching and detaching the glove-side rings easier.

There is no product page for this on Waterproof's website (Waterproof.eu), and they are not mentioned in the product info for the Ultima DGS or the Ultima Soft DGS. BUT there are a couple of links to videos regarding the installation of the Push-Pull device at the bottom of the product page for the Ultima DGS.

I have just sent an email to Waterproof asking how I can obtain a couple of sets of these...I am hoping they are available as retro-fit type item.

Apparently, according to the info I found on other sites, is that this product has been available for over a year now. The picture posted above is the first I have seen or heard about it.

I am very interested in obtaining a set (or 2).

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom