Rollerblading Vs Skateboarding ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No not Backmount Vs Sidemount

What do you guys think is better (if not the pros and cons) rollerblading (Fruitbooting) vs skateboarding (Wanks on Planks) ?

:D

Speed skating rollerblading is a real sport, requiring massive strength, big aerobic power, and sharp coordination.
Skate boarding requires coordination, and an anti-social grundge-type personality, it's a lesser sport.

I'm going to have to point out that neither are pursuits to be indulged in once you start to shave.:eyebrow:

I'm going to have to point out that neither are pursuits to be indulged in once you start to shave.:eyebrow:

I don't know if I would go that far...see:
skater-big.jpg
and
rollerblade_racemachine_110_2012.jpg

and 5655311054_6a4145d8ed_z.jpg

To me...and you were going for opinions :) , it is a big plus in picking a new sport, for this new sport to help cross train you for the other sports you already do, or for new ones you plan on adding....
In perspective, a speed skater like Eric Heiden, was able to cross over to Pro Cycling at a Tour De France level in like one year....This due to an enormous anaerobic and aerobic base from speed skating...from here, he could add Scuba diving and Freediving, and from week 2 on, be better in underwater propulsion than 99.9 percent of instructors or divers ....if he had been a urban trick skater instead of a speed skater, his skate training would allow him to cross over to cycling at the level of a person that comutes to work on a beach cruiser...and if they added diving, they would have no advantage over any instructors, though some advantage over a large number of sedentary divers.
Skateboarding, and you are close to the sedentary divers, and even the homeless guys on stolen beater bikes could smoke you on a bike :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom