Roll Call - Nikonos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Nik IIs, a Nik III (nice, robust kit) and a Nik IV (strictly for shallow water or for use on the boat). Sea & Sea YS50 MS, macro kit, Sea & Sea 20mm dome lens. Oh, and a second-hand Sea & Sea MX-10 + YS40 + optical cable (£75 on eBay) - for snorkelling or when the full Nik kit is too heavy/large/complex.

Nikonos V, 28mm, 35mm, 80mm, close up kit, twin SB-105s. When I bought one piece on e-bay, I got some extension tubes. Anyone interested in them?

I also went to the trouble to get the right mountings to hang 2 dive lights off the arms of the strobes. Saves fumbling around in low vis situations.

Oh, and I chased down the above water flash adapter, and threw an old flash into my bag. Now I can leave my above water cameras home on some trips.

I prefer the sportsfinders to the other viewfinders myself. Anyone else on that?

Keeping a good eye out for a deal on the Nikonos 15mm on e-bay, but no joy yet.

Nekton Pilot in Sept, woo-hoo

What is it about Nik extension tubes? I got some when I bought a Sea&Sea YS60 on eBay (it wasn't even a Nikonos fit strobe!). Are people embarrassed to own them? Or maybe they just don't know how they work?

spikesmith:
What is it about Nik extension tubes? I got some when I bought a Sea&Sea YS60 on eBay (it wasn't even a Nikonos fit strobe!). Are people embarrassed to own them? Or maybe they just don't know how they work?

Quite simple, I can add a second o-ring in front of my lens or use a close up kit. I choose not to add the second ring with the risk of flooding.

Mycroft:
Quite simple, I can add a second o-ring in front of my lens or use a close up kit. I choose not to add the second ring with the risk of flooding.
Fair enough. I used to worry about that, too, but I've yet to have a flood (even on the Nik IV - Oh, there I go - I've done it now) and I can get better quality and a bigger film image with the close-up tubes. Although, unless I'm shooting something really small and immobile, I tend to go for the close-up lenses, too. Horses for courses and all that.

spikesmith:
Fair enough. I used to worry about that, too, but I've yet to have a flood (even on the Nik IV - Oh, there I go - I've done it now) and I can get better quality and a bigger film image with the close-up tubes. Although, unless I'm shooting something really small and immobile, I tend to go for the close-up lenses, too. Horses for courses and all that.

True, but why risk it - especially with USED extension tubes. Plus, it was only recently that I got some spare O-rings that I could use there.

And of course, I can't switch the extension tubes on while underwater, but the closeup kit I can. And I just put my first roll thru with the 28mm lens on it, so I am waiting to see how that turned out. (Just got a used 28mm on e-bay recently.)

I own a NikV,35/28/15mm. The 35/28 are for ext.tubes&c/u kit for my wife. NikV with15mm tough to beat for wide angle. Seacam F100, 4 Inon-220's, Inon Quad, 2 Seacam Mega strobes. And I am happy. I just posted 85 images under yachtsbroker, if you get a moment.

yachtsbroker:
I own a NikV,35/28/15mm. The 35/28 are for ext.tubes&c/u kit for my wife. NikV with15mm tough to beat for wide angle. Seacam F100, 4 Inon-220's, Inon Quad, 2 Seacam Mega strobes. And I am happy. I just posted 85 images under yachtsbroker, if you get a moment.

You have some great photos there.

yachtsbroker:

Nice gallery and well worth the time browsing it!!

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom