rock ledge before blocks singer island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I decided to begin the process of figuring out whats going on off the beach
just north of the main beach on singer island. Thought I would try kicking out with
a pony bottle and just enough weights to drop down when I got to the blocks. I had
put a d-ring on an old weight belt to clip the pony bottle to. I should
have used a d-ring on the other side as well because I did bring a flag, compass, and car key.
I guessed pretty well on my weighting but kicking out even with the seas pretty flat
was a bit awkward. I decided to drop down early and kick east to the blocks. I came up on about
a two foot rock ledge and just spent a few minutes checking gauge on tank and adjusting to this new
configuration. I saw a puffer fish and some tropicals that was about it. I then turned west and headed
back in saving the blocks for another day. There is a no diving sign posted at the main beach. I actually
walked north from main beach to just in front of what I believe was the marriott. I will try this in full gear
another time, maybe a small 50 cf tank to make the trek to the entry point a bit easier.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom