Rock Divers Quarry Huntsville AL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im going there today will give everyone a report about it when i get back tonight.

We had the quarry all to are selfs so the vis was real good about 30+ feet about 68 temp at 25 feet and 63 at depth which is 55 feet at the deepest. They are going to add a school bus and a fire truck in the near future. Air temp was about 80 at the hottest. The fish are like a pack of hungry dogs and one bit my buddy on the ear and he had a large strip bass keep raming him in the tank waas funny as hell.

Hey Roguediver, I was at the quarry two weeks ago and vis was terrible and temp was about 64! I did get some good navigational practice though! I'm glad it's clearing up and warming up now. They had bags of barley straw attached to the bouy trying to get the trash filtered out(Some Japanese gardening trick) Must have worked! I'll be back out there this weekend. How did you like the Rocket and space trash? It's my SCUBA playground. :blfish: :rfish:

luv2dive

I know its a great place to stay wet I dive there about one a week or so. I helped them put out the bags of straw about two weeks ago. They also have cut a bunch of trees and put in the quarry to make better brim beds not sure how thats going to work. there was a dead racoon down there monday looked like it had went out on the floating trees and feel in and could not get out it was under some of the trees not all of them have sunk yet. Like I sead I do a lot of diving there see you around there some time. my dive buddy lives just across the Tennessee line in Franklin Co.

I was at Rock Divers yesterday and you are right. The vis is much improved and the water warmer than 3 weeks ago. We had the quarry basically to ourselves also. Two striped bass followed as the entire time and one bit my husbands finger (hee hee) I never saw the dead racoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom