Rock Divers @ Madison Aquatic Park going out of business this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been going out to the Moulton Quarry for the back month and a half. ( Started and completed my basic OW there) The people running it are very friendly, a good bunch of people. They pretty much have whatever you might need to rent onsite. As someone said it is pretty primitive right now, but the quarry is decent. They have a couple of sail boats....several smaller boats. a small tunnel, a large tunnel in the deep, a trailways bus, a police boat.....and several other things. A friend told me about the desk and computer that is somewhere in the deep. It is true that they have "Tennessee Pirranah" . They are better now than they used to be. They told me tha last year people would throw in hotdogs etc for them and so they got to where they liked meat. No one is allowed to throw meat for them this year and they are less aggressive. There is a VERY large catfish who lives in his own little cave. The people are hoping to fix the place up in the next few years and have quite a few plans for improvement.

The directions you got are pretty much accurate, was confusing to me at first, but really not too hard to find. Hope to see some of you there .

SkyBird ( Nancy)

mike_s:
Two other dive shops in/near town used to run their own quarries.
SDI ran one YEARS ago in the Priceville area. It was set up more like
a "club" and didn't have an onsite shop, etc. I think members paid
a flat rate fee and got a key to the gate as part of that. I can't
remember why they closed it down, but it's been closed for I'd guess
slose to 8 to 10 years.
The SDI quarry was sold to a road builder, and reopened as an active rock quarry. There was a death in the quarry not too long before that happened, but SDI said it was sold only because the price could not be refused.....

BD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom