Rock Climbing and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewq

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,Am an avid diver and rock-climber and I'm thinking of taking some time next year to do both, perhaps a DM/Master Scuba Diver course.Anyone knows of a good place where you can rock-climb and get dive training?Know of Krabi/Railay and Koh Tao and have been to both places to dive/climb.Just like to ask around for more locations/options.Thanks!

How about Sri-Lanka? You can hike up Adam's peak in about 3 hours (Sri Pada) and there's a number of rock faces in the area (expedition mountaineering use to be my main hobby).

Adam's Peak.jpg.

Ask and ye shall receive... ahh, the nets.

Well, there is this place... we used to climb rocks in the morning and go diving in the afternoon at the foot of the cliffs: Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Devil's Lake, Baraboo of Wisconsin, USA Mid

You can see the rock faces in the photos.

Three Little Devils Dive Shop (Baraboo, Wi) offered IDC but has given up the business.

They do have Cheese Curds, though.

Los Angeles: you can climb at Stoney Point, Taquitz, Suicide Rock, Malibu, Joshua Tree, New Jack City, and you have many options for dive training.

I can second the original recommendation for Sri Lanka by DCBC. Plenty of diving and lots of mountains, rock faces and rock outcrops all over the country. Loads of other things to do and see as well.

Kota Kinabalu might also be an option. I don't know much about climbing but Mt. Kinabalu is the highest peak in SE Asia so presume there might be some rock climbing in the vicinity and there is good diving close by.

If you don't mind cold water diving, come to Vancouver. We have world class rock in Squamish.....single pitch top roping for beginners or old people (like me), sport routes and multi-pitch trad. The only problem is the best diving is in the winter, but the best climbing is probably summer and fall....we do get a lot of rainy days from late October to early April.

Have you thought of taking up spelunking? I was thinking of the book by Bill Stone, Beyond the Deep. They're exploring a cave in Mexico, if you ever decide to get into caving and cave diving. Might be right up your alley.
how about Hawaii or Costa Rica? I actually loved the diving I did in Costa Rica. I only did a couple of lame,short dives in the least attractive areas and even still I saw mobula rays, sharks, turtles and lots of cool fish. I think there's plenty of potential diving, despite not being a diving destination. Its an inexpenisive area to visit, too.
Vancouver or Washington state would be great,too,if you don't mind cold diving. I love the shore diving in Puget Sound.

I can second the original recommendation for Sri Lanka by DCBC. Plenty of diving and lots of mountains, rock faces and rock outcrops all over the country. Loads of other things to do and see as well.

Kota Kinabalu might also be an option. I don't know much about climbing but Mt. Kinabalu is the highest peak in SE Asia so presume there might be some rock climbing in the vicinity and there is good diving close by.

Hi all, :)

Sabah offers plenty of adventure activities, of which include mountain climbing and scuba diving!

Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures is a travel operator and PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Our clientele come from far and wide to experience the amazing tropical diversity of Borneo and our programs are flexible to provide an unforgettable holiday!

Our Head Office is located in Kota Kinabalu Times Square and is also the location of our dive shop with a variety of scuba diving brands stocked, and a range to suit any budget too!

Dive Shop Kota Kinabalu, Borneo

Mount Kinabalu is Sabah’s pride and natural landmark and many of our clients schedule their Borneo holiday around climbing to Low’s Peak summit!

Climb Mt. / Mount Kinabalu | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

Our leisure diving is conducted from our beach house base camp on Gaya Island, which is within the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. We conduct three dives everyday, and we go diving every single day too!

Leisure & Fun Diving in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

Safety is our highest priority in conducting any activity and our highly regarded reputation regarding customer service is due to our emphasis on safety.

Anyone planning on an adventure to Borneo must contact one of our friendly and helpful Head Office staff to discuss a suitable holiday package and we will ensure you will remember Sabah always!

Back
Top Bottom