Rock boots - Need alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Frito,

There are a lot of good comments so far. If you have not yet found a solution, you may want to consider having turbo soles attached. They are a semi-flexible attached sole. If you let me know the length and width of your foot, I would be able to determine if they would work for you. You can see what the turbo soles look like at

DUI - RockBoots and Turbo Sole Boots for your dry suit

They are a thinner sole that would, most likely, allow you to use the same fins.

Feel free to contact me with your foot measurements and we can proceed from there.

Thanks!

Jessica
DUI

Luckydays: Thanks for the link. My heart isn't set on the specific brand, it's just a name that conveys the construction.

Tailspin: Yes, Turtle fins are great! They fit my Gates vulcanized suit just fine.

MSilvia: I still haven't found the XXL Jet fins. I'm surprised anything would be larger than the Turtles.

KathyDUI: I can't find wet suit booties large enough. I didn't have the Rock boots long enough to try pulling out the insole. They were a little short and a little narrow. Definitely made in China. I wear medium width shoes. I'm wearing polartec insulated booties with my dry suit. I'm flying out to San Diego on Friday. I have spots reserved on a couple of dive boats for the weekend. (Saturday afternoon on Water Horse and Sunday morning on Marissa. Maybe a Monday shore dive.) I could drop by DUI Friday afternoon if you would like to see the fit problem in person.

Jessica: The Turbo Sole option wasn't mentioned by my dealer. Not sure why. I've emailed Jackie an outline of my feet with dry suit booties on. That was part of the process for getting the suit correct. If you like I can send those to you too. Maybe I can try some Friday?

Last edited:
Hi Frito,

Yes, you can certainly send those over to me...sometimes, the outline comes out a little distorted through email...if you also add in your length and width measurement that would be great.

We would love to have you come to DUI! We could also give you a tour while you are here. If you are talking about this Friday, I will be in Terrell, TX for the Demo event. However, I let everyone in the office know you might be stopping by. The best time to come would be before 11AM or between 1-4PM. If you have an idea of what time you will be in, let me know and I will relay it to the folks here.

We look forward to meeting you!

Jessica
DUI
jessica@dui-online.com

Jessica: Thanks for the invite! I just sent you my foot tracings.

MSilvia: Thanks for the link. I try to buy locally when possible, but if all else fails online works.

Dude...you got some big feet.

Yeah, 15 is bad enough but my nephew wears 17.

I dove over the weekend with the weird contraptions to hold my fins on. It was OK.

I just dropped my suit off at DUI. They're going to put 3XL turbo soles on the suit. I'm going to be happy!

Last edited:
Life is good! My suit showed up at work today. I tried it on this evening and I've got some happy feet. Thank you DUI!

I won't get a chance to dive the suit until after Christmas, but it's looking like the start to a good new year.

Funny, the suit is sort of like a baby. A very big green baby. It was about 9 months ago that I placed the order and now here it is, right at last!

Back
Top Bottom