Rochester Wide Bands - Male Adhesive & Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find this thread unsettling. :help:

Well, I thought it was going fine until the "saliva" part was added. :tmi2: :)

Got my bigger sizes in yesterday and while I haven't been diving with them yet, they certainly look like a better and less painful fit. Time will tell.

try the pop-ons instead of the wide bands

FWIW, I did 2 dives on Saturday down to 85 feet and this time I used a Pop-on (a slightly bigger size as well). While there was still some glue on the "head," I've come to the conclusion that this is inevitable. However, the 50% reduction in glue from the wide bands made this one so much easier to remove, and it worked just fine. Once it was put on, there was no way it was going to just "pop off" so all was good. Thanks for the suggestion.

PS - be sure to keep one of the 48mm condoms in your save-a-dive kit. Sooner or later someone on the boat will forget to bring one, to which you can then say "No problem, dude. I have an extra..."

The look on their face - and new-found respect you'll get - when they come out of the head after trying to put it on are well worth the extra $2.00!

I also keep the smallest size around. "Oh, well I've got one your size if that didn't fit."

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom