Robinson Club Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolute

Reaction score
I have just returned with my fiancee from the Robinson Club Tulum in X-Puha which is 15 miles south of Playa Del Carmen. I would just like to tell every one that we dived with Tank-Ha. Which is has two locations one in Playa and the other at the Robonson Club Tulum. And let me tell you that Tank-Ha was perfect. Great Location, Great Equipment, a wonderful camera man by the name of Alain (In which you get filmned underwater) and in our opinion one of the most well trained and knowledgeable dive masters by the name of Roman. If anyone has any questions about the Robinson Club Tulum for vacation or Tank-Ha we would be glad to answer any questions. Happy Diving

Howdy Absolute,

I'm headed to Robinson's very soon. Do you have any favorite dive locations? Did you do a cenote dive? Did you take their boat to Cozumel for a dive?

I would be interested in hearing about anything you found exciting or fun.

Thanks!
carbon

Last October I was at Robinson. Did two boat dives and two cenote dives. They do a boat run once or twice a week to Cozumel but most others are between Xpu-ha and Playa. The cenote dives are an absolute must and Robinson is centrally located in the cenote dive region. The drift diving was good but its the cenote dives that are memorable.

Is it like a cave dive. Can you see the surface at all times? If you only have open water cert can you still partake?
Thanks in advance!

Razor,

It kind of depends on which cenote you dive. At times it can be like a cave but at no time are you more than say 100' from an area you can surface and breath in. This could be an entry/exit point or an air dome.

As I understand it some places will take you in with just an OW cert but others require AOW. But you should really be honest with yourself first. Bouyancy and control are important, we did go through some openings that were tight and if your prone to claustraphobia then I would not recommend it.

- O

diving the cenotes was a GREAT experience. I wnet with Dressel divers from the Bacelo. also dove with tank ha and found dressel to be much better.

the robinson club stunk big time. did you know that it was a german resort? meals consist of pork and potatoes done 15 different ways.

hundreds of people got sick when we were there and the resort tried to cover it up.

they are cheap,,,,,drinks were served with 1/2 of a cherry for example

Sorry you had a bad experience. I thought the food was really good when we were there. My wife's filipino and loved all the seafood and fruit.

As for the drinks, I don't know. I drink beer.

Check out http://www.ramproductions.com/survey/showme.asp?locid=11&type=AIRESORT. They rank and compare all-inclusives in mexico and Robinson ranks #2 for food!? Of course they let non-North Americans vote so I guess you can't trust that.

Robinson Club is a German resort chain so yea the clientele (sp?) was 90% german. I found it refreshing. Definitely a family resort.

If I was alone or without kids, I'd probably look to be down in Akumal or south of Tulum.

Oliver did you like the cenotes. They are truly beautiful. You can still dive them with opc. Carbon how was the Robinson did you like it. Sorry I am just responding now. As for the food they had fresh grouper and about 10 other species of fish every night.

Back
Top Bottom