Roberta's Scuba Shack: anyone for July or August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Food delivery services are doing very well these days here in Austin, and I suspect that's true of just about everywhere.
That is a great idea for 1 or 2 nights while staying at Village Tan Kah. I will keep this in mind, thank you for the tip.

Based on all you've written, I think you nailed this and have a great plan. There's nothing wrong with the food at Ernesto's or Casa del Mar, and they couldn't be more convenient. Same with Paprika though I understand it's closed. The menu (tiny) on the Facebook page for Tikila is an easy couple of lunches. Bonus? At Ernesto's or Tikila you're dining oceanside.

Like you said, you can try this and if it works, great, if not you can dial it in next time.

I suspect the day is gonna come that you'll walk off the boat at about noonish, deal with your stuff and walk straight into Ernesto's, which is right next to Scuba Shack. 35 feet? You're going to sit down, order whatever you order and it's going to be delicious and relaxing and beautiful.

I'm hoping you write a review when you get back. It will be very interesting to hear how it worked out.
Thank you. I will definitely come back here and post a trip review after we go to Coz. Hoping to go in either July or August. I'm not going anywhere until I get vaccinated. Crossing my fingers that will be done by June.

I'll bet that once you grab a taxi into town to go to La Choza, or Kondesa, or Especias, or 'Ohana, or... and see how easy it is, you'll do it more than a couple of times. Do it early in your trip. BTW, 'Ohana is owned by a DM at Blue Angel, Mateo (aka Matt from Chicago), and his wife, and the food is excellent. I recommend their coconut shrimp.
I will keep this place in mind for my husband. He loves shrimp. Me not so much! But I'm sure there is something else very good too. Thanks!

I have a trip booked here in December! I'd love to hear about your experience and any recommendations from your trip there in general.

I have a trip booked here in December! I'd love to hear about your experience and any recommendations from your trip there in general.
We ended up not going to Cozumel this year; we are going on the Juliet this October. However, I have all my notes from here and plan to go maybe next spring.

I've probably been to Village Tankah 20 times, I've lost count. I really like it there, and since I like to walk, I usually walk into town for late lunch or early dinner. It's about a 45 minute trip each way if you keep a decent pace. I am not a fan of Ernesto's, and I think Casa Del Mar is adequate for dinner but nothing like the better (and usually cheaper) restaurants I go to in town. It's been a few years since I've been there between the pandemic and my cave diving on the mainland. I have not wanted to get on the ferry since the pandemic started.

Roberta's dive op is good. It's small, usually a good vibe on the boats, mostly regular customers.

We ended up not going to Cozumel this year; we are going on the Juliet this October. However, I have all my notes from here and plan to go maybe next spring.
Well in that case, I can let you know all about my visit to Roberta's. Juliet looks INCREDIBLE! Have a great time! Liveaboard is on my bucket list :)

So, I've stayed At Roberta's several times and dived them as well. Let's just say it would be my favorite place to hang out if I wanted peace and quiet/boats literally across the street/good food next door/the blue tortas truck down the street/good rooms (watch the toilet paper though) and great dive masters. It gets my 2 thumbs up. Last time I went, I had to check in at the dive desk across the street.

Well in that case, I can let you know all about my visit to Roberta's. Juliet looks INCREDIBLE! Have a great time! Liveaboard is on my bucket list :)
Thank you! It is hard for me to book anything other than a liveaboard since I love them so much. However, I did get a bit overzealous and booked several Juliet trips, with the last one next Nov 2022. So I think I'll be ready to book something different next time :)

Thank you! It is hard for me to book anything other than a liveaboard since I love them so much. However, I did get a bit overzealous and booked several Juliet trips, with the last one next Nov 2022. So I think I'll be ready to book something different next time :)
Think of Cozumel Island as a very large liveaboard with great restaurants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom