Rob Murphy Loses Legs to Boater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isnt it possible to have thrown the prop AS A RESULT OF THE IMPACT WITH ROB? If a hub could be thrown from normal operation then it CERTAINLY could have been thrown by impact with flesh and bone.
Then you could say it happened BEFORE.

then it CERTAINLY could have been thrown by impact with flesh and bone.
and tank, apparently. It would be important to see which prop was damaged by the impact to the tank. If it was spinning free, then it would incur damage on only ONE blade and the angle of impact would be different. If the tank caused the spin (most likely) then probably all the blades would appear damaged.

Can anyone prove that invisible aliens didn't land on his deck and momentarily seize control of the vessel? :shakehead::shakehead:

You can make light of my theories all you want but all I have to say is: seven weeks later, no charges filed. Can you tell me why? :shakehead:

The version of the events posted by the divers at the scene on the night of the accident supports my theory better than anything you've posted. :no:

and tank, apparently. It would be important to see which prop was damaged by the impact to the tank. If it was spinning free, then it would incur damage on only ONE blade and the angle of impact would be different. If the tank caused the spin (most likely) then probably all the blades would appear damaged.

Agreed.
Just saying if I was in the jury the doc would FRY! I dont believe for one minute this was a mechanical failure BEFORE the impact.

Last edited:
Agreed.
I have seen a picture posted of Rob's leg and it had TWO cuts severe cuts in it. How can the this be (per the doctor's version of events) if ONE of the props wasnt working at the time the vessel veered off course?
Just saying if I was in the jury the doc would FRY! I dont believe for one minute this was a mechanical failure BEFORE the impact and photos support my theory.

I think the photos you saw were of a different accident from 2/14 weekend in the Keys. Please don't start additional rumors.

You can make light of my theories all you want but all I have to say is: seven weeks later, no charges filed. Can you tell me why? :shakehead:

The version of the events posted by the divers at the scene on the night of the accident supports my theory better than anything you've posted. :no:
Because the legal system in this country is flawed?
Because the doctor lied and they're still investigating?
Because on the water it isn't as simple as, if you hit someone you're at fault, and charges often aren't filed or are filed against the wrong party.

A few years back the owner of a sailboat had charges pressed against him after a power boat ran him down from behind, landing on top of his boat, and killing at least one person. The claims were, he didn't have his nav lights on and his blood alcohol was over the legal limit.

Yet someone else was at the helm, making that point moot. The other boat was moving at a very high speed (too fast considering, the limited visibility due to the time of day), and the driver of the power boat just happened to be a local sheriff. He got a breathalyzer to and passed...except his was done HOURS after the accident.

You think that one went down as it should because of the facts?

FL-Diver:
You are right, the pics I saw were of a different incident.

However, I still think the props could have sustained enough damage on impact with Rob to "throw" one of them.

Sorry, but you've presented nothing that I would consider to be worthy of a theory. Have you spoken to the people on the boat or the victim or are your ideas based only upon review of posts made on the internet?

Your apparent conclusion that the doctor was not at fault, nor negligent either before and after the incident seems to be based heavily upon the fact that he has not yet been charged criminally. My understanding of the occurance is based on my knowledge of the people involved and discussions with witnesses.

Sorry, but you've presented nothing that I would consider to be worthy of a theory. Have you spoken to the people on the boat or the victim or are your ideas based only upon review of posts made on the internet?

Your apparent conclusion that the doctor was not at fault, nor negligent either before or after the incident seems to be based heavily upon the fact that he has not yet been charged criminally. My understanding of the occurance is based on my knowledge of the people involved and discussions with witnesses.

My sources are in the FWC (who still haven't found evidence to file charges).

Your apparent conclusion that the doctor was not at fault, nor negligent either before or after the incident seems to be based heavily upon the fact that he has not yet been charged criminally. My understanding of the occurance is based on my knowledge of the people involved and discussions with witnesses.

And all this time I thought Americans were innocent until proven guilty :idk:
Please don't reply to this because I really didn't enter this thread to argue with you based upon what is purely speculation on both sides of the story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom