Roatan Shark Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2:
Great video, we will be leaving Feb 4th. We want to do the shark dive but are weary because of the feeding, but it doesn't look like they are giving them a lot.

Catfish's video captured the dive perfectly ( and actually got he some better up close shots than the DVD i bought from Waihuka on this last trip) - Great job :14: !

But about the feeding - the dive leader said that they are only feeding 3 pounds of bait to the sharks on each dive.

Nice video, catfish. Seeing sharks up close is always a special treat. They are truly fascinating creatures. Thanks for sharing.

when will divers be sensible and responsible ?
Sharks are predators that are very useful in the food chain and the ecosystem, not pets.
by feeding them you disrupt the whole balance of the reef.
As divers we should try to be as PASSIVE as possible when we visit a reef .

Boycott feeding or baiting !!

Nice. I did that same dive two years ago.

Very nice video . We're going to Roatan in April and will try to put this on the list.

How deep was the shark dive ? Want to take the right filter for my video camera.

Thanks

NAIBDiver1

To the uptight french guy,

They only feed like 3-5 pounds of meat there and they don't offer the shark dive every day of the week.

We did the shark dive and it was good, but not great awesome spectacular. Sure it gets the pulse racing a bit, but it didn't compare at all to the shark feed in Beqa Lagoon Fiji.............once you've been with 12'-14' bull sharks, a 9 foot carribean gray reef shark just isn't the same.

The dive op really stressed the ecological minimal stress put on the animals. They don't bait or even feed them till 3/4's of the way through the dive, so if the sharks are acting grumpy they don't get fed.

I LOVED the video, thanks so much for sharing. We've never done this and frankly I'm too chicken at this point in my diving career but I'm curious and may do it one day.
Could you tell me what was attracting the sharks and if they were hungry, why weren't they eating the smaller fish that we saw swimming among them. And, more importantly, if there were so many sharks and they were somehow "stimulated", wouldn't that make it dangerous for the divers?
What kind of sharkes were these? (Please don't say the biting type)
Thank you again for sharing such a cool video. I watch it over and over and I guess the best way to describe the emotion is like I'm a little kid again watching the big kids go on the cool loopy roller coaster, wanting to go so bad and yet being terrified.
PS- I'm in Utila next week, what the odds of me "bumping" into these guys accidentally?
(Had to ask, Roatan is close by and now I know they're in the water!)
Yikes!

Great video! Curious, what is the title of the music playing in the video? It fits the situation perfectly. Amazing, my first post is about music and not diving.....Haha, I need help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom