Roatan report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice pictures sir.
Great job of the lighting and saturation of the colors.
Great little camera you have there.
This is an area I still want to get into.

Welcome home.
Andrew

Nice photos, Willie. Yes, the first capture shows an Ocean Triggerfish. Nice find!

Cuda_72:
The video links are not functioning though.
Hmmm, they work for me. Do you have the latest Quicktime? If not that would be the problem. If you do, then I need to try and figure out why it isnt working for you. Anyone else view or not view the video?

Willie

Willie,
They don't work for me either. I downloaded the latest version (I already had it but it showed errors) and still no luck. I am having severe problems now. No virus but programs are disappearing off my computer. Don't use me as a bellweather of whether your video's are working or not. :shakehead

Great pics, willie!

I was there in 2004 and the diving was incredible. The dive op took care of everything! Great vis and more fish that I had ever seen!

Once again, great job with the pics!

Mack Diver:
Glad to have you back Willie. We just got back from Coz yesterday. Take my advice and stay away from Lake Travis for a few days. I jumped right in after a Coz trip a few years back and it was a terrible experience.
:lol: I have been thinking about that shock of going back to Texas Lakes. Fortunately I have other matters that have kept me busy. I think I will be trying to get underwater next week sometime though. Maybe I can make the Wednesday dive.

Willie

AggieDad:
They don't work for me either. I downloaded the latest version (I already had it but it showed errors) and still no luck.
I am at a loss as what this could be. I am on my daughter's Dell (2.4GHz Celeron Processor with only 256MB RAM, WinXP, SP2, Quicktime 7.1, Firefox 1.0.7) and the video downloads great.

If I try with IE 6.0.2900, provided with SP2, it fails. The links dont even show up as links. I suppose this is another in the long line of reasons to use Firefox instead of IE.I will keep checking and get back to you.

Willie

wet-willie:
If I try with IE 6.0.2900, provided with SP2, it fails. The links dont even show up as links.
OK, it appears to me the problem is that SP2 evidently sets the MIME types to use Windows Media Player for everything by default. Windows Media Player cant play these so it just doesnt display the link. All this is assumption on my part based on the following which solved the problem on my daughter's machine.

Click on the following link.A message will come up saying something about the fact that MIME types normally associated with Quicktime have been changed to another application. Would you like to restore the MIME types to Quicktime. Click 'Yes'. The sealion video will begin to play.

Go to the new videos and they will work like a charm.

Let me know if this doesnt work for you and I will keep researching.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom