Roatan in September - who's staying where

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to see more SB's at AKR the same week as my wife and I.

I'm considering getting in a shore dive from the "key" the afternoon we arrive, as long as the currents permit. There's a wreck right off the resort. Kind of a "wet your whistle" before the regular diving begins.

Anyone else up for that?

It kind of depends on how tired we are. we are starting pretty early west coast time to get there at about 3pm The wife is not a diver and is doing the snorkle package. but i am usally up for bout anything.

It kind of depends on how tired we are. we are starting pretty early west coast time to get there at about 3pm The wife is not a diver and is doing the snorkle package. but i am usally up for bout anything.

We depart east coast at about 0700, getting into Roatan about 1145 CST. We'll play it by ear and see how things go. We have a very early wakeup as well. Shore diving is available until 2100 but we'd only do it during daylight since the dive sites are new to us.

Probably not. Not big on shore diving. First dive in Bonaire broke my big toe on coral going in, dove 4 dives a day for 5 days after that with a broken toe. We plan on doing all 3 dives a day and at least one night dive so will probably chill out when we get there.

No big deal about getting a shore dive in first day. We plan to do the 3 boat dives each day plus the 2 night dives during the week. We could just wander around the resort and check things out first day, go see the RIMS center, or even do some snorkling at the resort. We'll just wait and see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom