Roatan in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I going to AKR over US Thanksgiving week because our work schedules allow it and because it was economical. AKR had a 2nd diver half-off promo, and a roundtrip on the Delta nonstop from Atlanta cost only 35,000 Skymiles.

In the event it does get too dicey to dive from the north side of the island, AKR has been known to bring some of their boats around to the south side and transport divers by van to an alternate dock. I'm sure you guys will have a great time!

So you're going to be there for the Seahorse Festival.

Well, at least there at CCV you'll have covered boats that are designed for rough weather, and night dives don't get cancelled due to minimums. The rest that RTB mentions might well occur... or you might be lucky ducks and have a Thanksgiving Feast !

Yes, and I'm quite excited about it! I spend a lot of time looking but not seeing seahorses. I'm hoping this changes that :D

RTBDiver, I did try to click on it & it didn't work. Maybe a problem with my connection, can anyone else open the link?

Enable your biscuits on your Commodore 64.

The Sea Horse Festival will be at CCV throughout November. It's going to have a number of well respected Naturalist Experts in the field doing presentations and such. This will be the case except during "my week", where I will just babble on about how to find them and other magical critters- the ones that hide in plain sight. I'll be giving each guest a glass magnifier and doing guided UV Blacklight night dives.

CCV has asked me to skip my "easy recipe" portion of my standard lecture... Sea Horse Helper is hard to get in the Bay Islands, anyway.

:wink:

RTBDiver, I did try to click on it & it didn't work. Maybe a problem with my connection, can anyone else open the link?

Don't click on the Jpeg, click on the actual link, or, if that doesn't work you could copy and paste it or if even that does not work you could always do it the very long and difficult way and type it and if that still doesn't work make sure your computer is turned on

Last edited:
I'll be giving each guest a glass magnifier and doing guided UV Blacklight night dives.

Damn...EVERYONE gets 'em? I thought we were SPECIAL :bonk::rofl3:

Of course you're special, princess.

See? I mailed your magnifier to you. If I sent them that way to Honduras, they would have never gotten there.

The Sea Horse Festival will be at CCV throughout November. It's going to have a number of well respected Naturalist Experts in the field doing presentations and such. This will be the case except during "my week", where I will just babble on about how to find them and other magical critters- the ones that hide in plain sight. I'll be giving each guest a glass magnifier and doing guided UV Blacklight night dives.

:wink:

I'm only slightly bitter that I won't be there during "your" week :depressed:

My wife and I are going to AKR over US Thanksgiving week because our work schedules allow it and because it was economical. AKR had a 2nd diver half-off promo, and a roundtrip on the Delta nonstop from Atlanta cost only 35,000 Skymiles.

Last year we did Cozumel over Thanksgiving. It rained in Coz quite a bit and was difficult to warm up on surface intervals. I appreciated my 5 mm suit. From what I've heard, Roatan is even rainier than Cozumel. I was in Roatan once before, in May or June--no rain. If this is a learning experience, so be it. I'm sure we will have fun.
Hi Lorenzoid,
We are doing the same as you from ATL for the same reasons, just a week later. We get to AKR 11/30 so don't use up all the fun!
Have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom