Roatan diving Anthony's Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcia - do a search. AKR has been extensively reviewed. You will find MANY reviews of the resort. (And the island).

I was there last November and had a great time. November is the worst season to do Roatan and the vis was not the best. Still we had fun. I have been to Utila, Bonaire and Roatan and I rank Honduras to be much better diving than Bonaire.

AKR was a great place. Dives were close to boat rides were short. Three boat dives a day is no problem for them with plenty of off time to do other stuff like kayaking and stuff. Food was a problem. Three of us felt that they should have fed us more. Quantity was fine-dining quantity rather than fast food quantity. I felt like I needed twice the food to fill me up. Our trip was discussed in great detail on these forums along with a follow up post on food quantity and portion sizes.

Diving is great and AKR is great. I would like to try Splash Dive Inn next time I am there. Not in the same league as AKR but they dive the same sites as AKR eat local food in larger quantity and cost less. If I was with my woman then I would do AKR.

I agree--the reefs are in much better shape in Roatan than Belize. All dive sites pretty close and our DM was very good. Vis was good and we saw lots of life. We spent a week there in March and loved it especially the two for one special--you cant beat it. Service great, food great, accommodations very comfortable. We are going back in March 2017 again we liked it so much!

so if i were to pack the essentials, what kind of clothes would i look at bringing?

do the nights get a bit chilly or are they warm and tropical and what about bugs -- things like that. any insite would help. Im flying through delta and after talking to them they do allow 2 bags plus a check on. i just dont want to over load

thanks

so if i were to pack the essentials, what kind of clothes would i look at bringing?

do the nights get a bit chilly or are they warm and tropical and what about bugs -- things like that. any insite would help. Im flying through delta and after talking to them they do allow 2 bags plus a check on. i just dont want to over load

thanks

I'll be posting a packing and travel tread soon.

Diving in Roatan is spectacular. I never stayed at Anthony's Key but there are reviews on Trip Advisor to guide you.

thanks Roxnnne -- il b looking forwrd to it

Anthony's Key will be a great Invasion spot. Nice sized dive oriented facility (big enough to handle the group while still having a friendly atmosphere), nice rooms, good restaurant (wonderful sunsets from the restaurant deck), fun bar with live music a couple of times during the week, nice pool, handy dive facilities, modern well maintained boats, excellent DMs, and short rides to the dive sites. Bugs weren't a big problem when we were there last May. We were in a hill room so you might need to be a bit more diligent with the repellent if you're on the Key. We did "bug up" before dinner, but nothing drastic. No guarantees since bugs tend to be weather dependent, so bring some repellent. Dress was very casual, shorts, t-shirts, sandals (just the way we like it). Good spot, good diving value. :)

Back
Top Bottom