Roatan Dive Trip Report-STAY AWAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ambergris Caye - July 1-7
Roatan - July 8-15

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee:
I agree! In 25 days I'm going back, taking 39 research assistants with me, just to verify how bad it really is. I wouldn't want to paint a less than accurate description that is likely to lead even more wayward souls to such a dangerous place. Everyone really should stick to Cozumel or Bonaire or...elsewhere! :D

Natasha....YOU'RE going to Roatan? The Bonaire Queen? :rofl: Where ya staying?

Even us 'queens' have to share the royalty.. I'll be there November 28th..staying on the Grand Princess. :)

Natasha:
Even us 'queens' have to share the royalty..

:D

5/21 will be my 1st time....Tick....Tick....Tick...&counting. I'm so excited.

peterbj7:
What's wrong with bitter beer?

Bold beer batter is blessedly better with basic bitter beer.

Goober2:
hey i was at las rocas from apr 22-apr29

Did it suck as bad as all the rest of Roatan? Hope so. :D

In all seriousness, walking past 2 armed guards with 9mm pistola's at the front door of the local gas station at 8:00 p.m. on a friday night DID kinda un-nerve me.........

Don't kid yourself, armed home robberies are on the rise down there, and a bunch of cocaine had just washed up on the beach (last December). I felt totally safe at Cocoview, but I won't go into the west end again.

Gawd I sound so much like a dad would say........

We'll be back to CCV for sure, gotta love a place where you can get in 20 dives in 5 days and hardly break a sweat....

Okay... I'm officially concerned... not about the guns, mind you... it's the no-see-ums... I don't mind eating at a buffet... I just hate being one (in most cases)... so, I have the trip insurance - should I find a doc to write me a note?

Thanks for the heads up... I just hope that I'm miserable enough that I'll have to schedule a trip there in the Fall so that I can confirm the misery that I'll be enduring this Spring...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom