Roatan cruise dive- short report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
Our diving with Coconut Tree Divers was $60 each for 2-tank dives, with weights and tanks. But we were just there for one day. Of course we also tipped. She told us we could stay there for 5 nights for $370, 2 dives a day with one night dive. As far as unlimited shore dives, I think that was included but I wouldn't swear that I remember for sure. I don't know for sure, but I think the most expensive part of going to Roatan is the flight- maybe someone else can offer some info about that.
Foo

Yes airfare to RTB is a screamer this year :scared: Last year 2003 we paid 383.00pp on Taca there was another airline out of DFW, SOL that created a small price war. I have already booked and paid for my trip this year in July and the airfare was 600.00pp.
As luck would have it Continental just announced that they would be flying to RTB from HOU starting June 12, so maybe that will start another price war and save someone some money.

Joe....AKR is a beautiful place an if you want something to do other than diving, you're taking kids, you don't mind climbing lots of stairs and you don't need shore diving, then that's the place to go. They do have an excellent gift shop!

For all those same reasons, I much prefer CCV. I don't have to put up with someones ill mannered and rude kids, The kids that are allowed are divers and usually well mannered. It has excellent shore diving, not only because it's simply a gentle walk into the water but for everything you can see on those shore dives, ex. walls, shipwrecks, and every fish and creature you can think of. CCV's on it's own island so it's very safe and secure. Everyone at the resort has a reason to be there. And the only stairs I have to climb with my bad knee is 3-4 into the dining room. And not to be forgotten, the truly unlimited shore diving 24/7! There are two 2-tank boat dives a day, that's 4 boat dives a day not just 2 or 3 like other resorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom