Roatan and immunizations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did Roatán last summer and just got everything since I plan on traveling abroad more in coming years anyway. Did the Typhoid pills, the Hep A shots (already had the Hep B shots from college). I'm already on an anti-malarial daily for my RA (Hydroxychloroquine/Plaquenil, which is also used to treat autoimmune stuff like I've got), so no need to take another one. I take well more than the malaria dose and I'm used to the side effects by now (mostly just nausea, if I don't eat enough food when taking it).

Did I absolutely need these for a seven day stay on the island? Maybe, maybe not. But I'd rather have the vaccinations than the diseases. And since my long term travel goals include places like Africa, might as well take care of things now.

I used bug spray every day. Both your typical DEET spray and the cactus juice stuff for the sand fleas. Came home with no bug bites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom