Roatan 2012 - You got to admit it's getting better!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwlmgold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
These were shot with a GOPRO Hero2 with a iSteady Shot mount and Polar Pro red filter. Post was done in Adobe Premiere Elements. There is a tall learning curve here put I found lots of support from various forums. These are from my first dives with the GoPRO and with Premiere Elements. I am quite happy. Corrective comments are always appreciated.

Adobe Photoshop Showcase

Can't really watch the videos when they are 320x213 pixels only.
Can you YouTube/Vimeo them?

Thanks for the tip, didn't even think about it.. The colors look nice but there is still a lot of "noise" caused by the filter, makes it look "milky" almost - can't blame Roatan, it's crystal clear over there. Is this the rectangular filter sheet you have to unscrew the lens or the new clip-on?

Yes, this is the small gel ($14.99 at Amazon) you place inside the dive housing. The empty housing spent about a half hour at the bottom of a community pool as a leak test after I put in the filter. I also had anti fog inserts in the housing. Timing of our trip precluded the use of the Snake River Dome. I suspect I will upgrade to the dome for the next trip.

I don't know why but some clips have dark rings like vignetting. Not all had them. When they occurred, I had to zoom some in the video. This seemed to decrease the quality of the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom