Road trip to Belize.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking that a great road trip might be a fine way to just throw care to the wind and cast aside everything we had ever hoped and dreamed would become of our lives.
I myself want to have at least one more renegade experience in my life and I bet ,,, secretly ,,, there are some of you that feel the same way .
Texas to Belize and back ~~~ 31 days~~~~
The trip is about 4000 miles round trip in the Retro Gypsy Girl RV. On good roads we can make some time , after all she does have a 350 w/ twice pipes and a 4 barrel carb.
But we should not plan to be in a hurry 4 -10 days down might work as a plan.
It is the trip after all and not the destination right ?
An ambitious plan would be if we left on a Monday morning. Nobody would miss us until that afternoon and by that time we would be crossing the border at Laredo and headed towards Monterrey. Tuesday after saying Adios to our newest friends we could follow the roads that skirted the base of the mountain range towards Victoria and then into El Mante. Wednesday we might spend the night in Veracruz... Hell… we may just make that our destination.
But, if not…………
Thursday we could truck thru Villahermosa and then cross the border into Belize proper and make our way to the coast via those nasty mud soaked roads after the recent storms. By that afternoon we could hit the shore just in time to gear up and do a dive before Sunset.
From there on out it would be every man and woman for themselves and life could play out just the way it presented itself. After a week or so of drinkin' and divin' we could gather together those that wanted to leave and make our way back to Texas and explore new places or just follow the same route back and hang with our Amigos along the way. We might have to face the music when we got back but......
For me the trip would be life at less then ½ the price !

So what do you say ? Is it a deal ?

( offered up as just a fun fantasy but you never can tell )

I am in on this.... :eyebrow:

If you two are going I'm in...what a long strange trip this will be....hey that could be a song:D......but yes I have thought about ditching everything and running off to parts unknown sigh... :wink:

You know you don't even have to ask if the Foos are in. Next summer? I'll have a month or two to spare... it's doubtful that many of us will want to return, however.

Well if the Foo's go We have 5 now and maybe even another fine '75 vintage RV too !

Well if the Foo's go We have 5 now and maybe even another fine '75 vintage RV too !

I bet ALL the Foo's will come!!!

I can supply a trailer with room for tanks.....and a couple of motorcycles.........

Attachments

• Sep 3 026.jpg
    Sep 3 026.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Sep 3 019.jpg
    Sep 3 019.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Sep 3 023.jpg
    Sep 3 023.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 50
Can Newbies dive in Belize? If so, I'm in!!!!!

I don't have to bring Kunk35 do I? He has to stay home and watch the kids while I'm gone!:D

I'll need a dive buddy!

I bet you're right, TexasDanceGuy. And, Timeliner, the Prowler is so there. YK, yes, newbies can dive in Belize. Bring it, gf. But, you'll probably wanna bring Kunk35. Someone will need to tote the tanks, duh. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom