RMO BH get together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The end of the year is going to be hectic for everybody as usual... How about an October get together? It's been a long time since I've seen some of my friends!

That sounds great... not sure which weekend works best for everybody though.

Oct 2nd-11th is Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque (encompasses both weekends and all week between). If you are planning to atttend, you need to be at the balloon park at 6am-ish in morning (balloons go up at sunrise), most events are done by 10am, then park opens back up again around 4pm for evening events. It is well worth attending, if you are coming over. You could make a double event - Balloon Fiesta one day, Blue Hole diving the other. Ron crews for one of the balloons, so he will be doing that a few days.
my photos and videos from last year are here: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 2009

robin:D

I'm up for it, depending on the weekend. Going to Florida the third weekend....

Sounds good to me too. I bought an annual pass for this year, but haven't dove the 'Hole at all. But, alas, I'll be in Roatan the first two weekends of October.

I might be interested in joining in on the fun. I'm open any weekend in October, just need to plan a head so I can rent gear (bcd, reg). Assuming tanks and weights can be provided on site. Any one know how long of a drive it is from Denver, CO? Also, don't have a buddy to dive with, so would be fun to meet some of you and dive a bit. Hope I can make it out :)

You can certainly rent tanks there. Stella is often open on Fridays, especially Friday evenings/nights. I suspect you can rent weights too, although I don't know anyone who has. I'll check this weekend and let you know for sure. I'm assuming you'll need a weight belt also? Often many of us have extra weights, and some have an extra belt, but until the date and who's going is firmed up, I hesitated to speculate on who/what will be available.

It takes around 6 hours from Denver, depending on when you leave (Denver traffic), how fast you drive, and how often and how long you stop (pit stops and/or meal breaks).

Do we want to shoot for October 23 - 24?

I'm pretty sure that Stella has weights. If not, we can get you sorted out. :)

I am free that weekend. Weights and tanks should not be an issue. Concentrate on the important things like, food, beer, more food, desert, etc..... did I mention beer.

Ok, so last minute I found a deal to Akumal, Q. Roo, MX for 10 days in November and booked it!!! Would love to meet you guys and dive soon! But this one I’ll have to skip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom