RK3 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RK3=Aqualung Rocket 2 but lighter
Eddy=Scubapro Jet but lighter

Based on holding all 4 fins and comparing.
Go-Sport=Scubapro Jet but much lighter and much more comfortable (3.42 pounds)
Go-Sport Gorilla=Scubapro Jet but much lighter, more comfy and slightly stiffer (3.6 pounds)

bunch of British divers, I found out that RK3 is huge there, why is that

Apeks is a UK based company with a long diving history in the area and very well know for there high performance regs. Pretty much the go to iconic dive brand for British divers. Kind of like how you wont see a British diver with out an Otter, Seaskin, or O’Three dry suit. Additionally Apeks Reg‘s are still made in the UK (one of the few companies left that has not farmed it out to Taiwan)
Also in the UK/EU Apeks products are much more affordable readily available then in the US (I can’t believe how expensive Apeks items are in the US I would never buy them for the prices Apeks dealers are selling them for in the US) Apeks Is like the UK’s version of Dive Rite or Deep 6 or DGX.

Apeks is a UK based company with a long diving history in the area and very well know for there high performance regs. Pretty much the go to iconic dive brand for British divers. Kind of like how you wont see a British diver with out an Otter, Seaskin, or O’Three dry suit. Additionally Apeks Reg‘s are still made in the UK (one of the few companies left that has not farmed it out to Taiwan)
Also in the UK/EU Apeks products are much more affordable readily available then in the US (I can’t believe how expensive Apeks items are in the US I would never buy them for the prices Apeks dealers are selling them for in the US) Apeks Is like the UK’s version of Dive Rite or Deep 6 or DGX.
My perception is apeks quality is higher than of Dive Rite, Hollis and DGX. The brand was was created by and for cold water technical divers and as such is amongst the best gear out there despite now being owned by Aqualung

My perception is apeks quality is higher than of Dive Rite, Hollis and DGX. The brand was was created by and for cold water technical divers and as such is amongst the best gear out there despite now being owned by Aqualung
They are on a short list of regs certified for extreme cold temperatures. While I don't use them and prefer another brand, the shred of integrity I have forces me to acknowledge that.

Oh yes totally agree!! The quality, care, and pride of Apeks is much higher. I just was comparing the popularism of the Apeks brand in the UK is equivalent to the popularity of the above listed brands in the US. It was not a quality comparison.

Not to open up a can of worms on Apeks vs. XYZ brand… But I would hands down take Apeks all day long over any of the numerous knock of versions. I personally own over a dozen Apeks regs and am very happy with them. Also how a pair of RK3 HD’s and am happy with those also.

The only short falling of Apeks was there mask. Bought 2 of them when the first came out and both broke after less than a year of use. The strap connector ripped out of the silicon molding (non repairable).

I landed on the Apeks RK3s after much deliberation. I’m a big fan of their maneuverability. They’re relatively compact. I travel with them but they’re not the lightest fins on the market.

Back
Top Bottom