RIX SA3. How to monitor the filter stack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah.. I see what you said and maybe the misunderstanding. Maybe this will help. If ambient is 55f @ 100% RH vs 70f @ 45% RH the compressor will still see 100% RH by the time it reaches the coalescers / filter. RH doesn't matter, in the end only temperature does.

Does that make better sense? This is not my area of expertise, but we have had this discussions on here before (with people much smarter then me) and that's what I took away from it.

Interesting, makes sense,

I get the 100% RH at the coalescer,

I was thinking amount of water at the coalescer

Interesting, makes sense,

I get the 100% RH at the coalescer,

I was thinking amount of water at the coalescer
I might need to back peddle a little.

I guess the RH would make a difference at the coalescers, at least until the pressure builds enough to bring it to 100%.

I know my 1st stage is somewhere around 100psi, my 2nd is 450-550psi, and my PMV after 3rd is set to 2200. So on humid days I do see more moisture dumped from the coalescers (and I dump more often), but the final filter will only ever see 100% and the amount it can hold would again be based on what the temp at the filter is.

Everytime I get involved in compressor theory I learn a little more.. good convo

I think I am correct when I say that the first stage coalescer removes the highest percentage of water...
At least that's my experience.

Get the 10 / 20 / 30 don't get the 20 / 40 / 60, they're worthless. With the 10/20/30 you'd want to change filters as soon as you see any change, but it should really be your last resort hail mary effort. Hours on the filter or the spreadsheet should be your 1st line of defense (but I guess it's nice to have some sort of sanity check in line). I have my setup pretty much exactly as it is in the diagram.
Where in the plumbing is the cookie installed?

Where in the plumbing is the cookie installed?
Directly after the filter stack. If moisture is getting past that your filter is probably a good bit past it's expiration

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom