River Intro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive4LifeSW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Going to give in and try the river diving thing... no experience at all... any thoughts? Bring what equipment? Kayak? Anyone willing to share "hot spots" or atleast give me a general idea on where to go? State park/camp areas? Are there conditions I look for (weather)? Heard around Arcadia is good... what about nearer to Venice? Thank you in advance.

I was in the Peace friday before the rains hit. Not diving but digging for fossils. I would wait about a week after rains have come through for the water to clear up. Get a boat go north of nocatee or south of Arcadia would be a good place to start. I've done some snorkling and a couple of dives in some shallow spots never gone in a deep spot yet. Respect or fear of gators not sure which. Even the river water is cold. I did dive the Santa Fe river by high springs nice clear river .good luck

You might try sending fossilbabe a PM, she is the river expert.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom