Rite in the Rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Rite in the Rain

Apparently these underwater notebooks have pages that do not stick together when wet, which I thought was just the cost of having a notebook underwater.

Anyone used them? Dive Gear Express sells them in the WAnotes Underwater Organizer for $100, but the direct website says they are cheap enough. But they are bound by a metal wire which I am sure will die from salt water.

The Dive Rite Notebook and similar are held together by plastic coated metal wire. You can use rubber dip or something similar to cover any raw ends. I'm pretty sure the Rite in the Rain wiring is coated as well.

I've seen in other older threads of divers using it to great success.
Don't know about pages not sticking together though. Would love to hear if that's true or not.

I have no problems with the DiveRite one in terms of rusting, but they as a dive manufacturer 'get it'.

I wonder if the Rite in the Rain people have taken it diving. DiveGearExpress sells the one above and it has the paper but I am not dropping $100.00 on one to check it out. The WAnotes may be bound with a properly spec'd binding ring

I think I still might have one of these notebooks floating around the house somewhere. I know them from being used in geocaches, they're holding up great under those conditions. Haven't taken one diving yet as I was dubious about prolonged submersion in water. I suppose I could keep one in a bucket of water for a while...

Be careful when ordering. Most of Rite in the Rain's products are "water resistant". They are designed to be used in the rain or wet conditions, but not underwater. They do make "waterproof" products but they are significantly more expensive and come in less options. I've used the water resistant notebooks and they hold up great to sitting in my back pocket everyday. I've used the the waterproof printer paper, but only as a reference sheet/sign, and haven't used one of the waterproof notebooks. Based on the quality of their other products, I'm sure they are excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom