RIP AirHog 10/13/68 - 10/25/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is usually "Meet and Greet" and in this case this message is more of a farewell. There was no really good place to post this and this is where the moderators suggested.

Word travels quickly in our small communities. I know a lot of you here are also on rec.scuba and several people I personally emailed already know this. For those who don't...

I am so tired of relating this as you can well imagine, but here goes.

My husband Mickey *aka* AirHog died Saturday morning Oct. 25, 2003 at home in our bed sometime between 3 and 7 am. As to why this happened:

Well the medical examiner called me today. According to him Mick died due to a heart attack. He had two coronary artery blockages. One was 90% and the other was 70%. If this is what got him and he was under the care of so
many doctors, why did they not find this earlier?

If this was the case then I am glad he went the way he did sleeping next to me in our bed. He was scared to death of anesthesia and after he had surgery a few years ago he swore he would never get cut again. When we faced his pancreas flare up again this summer he told me that he would live with the consequences of dying before he would have surgery again. I know if we ended up in the hospital he would have chosen to die rather than have heart surgery. Better at home than in the hospital.

Quite honestly I am not so sure it was due to his heart. Between four different doctors he was being prescribed a lot of different medications. He was given a new med this past week and started having slurred speech,
lack of coordination etc... and then he dies.

I am faxing in a request for a copy of the autopsy tomorrow which they will send me in the mail as well as a copy of the toxicology report which will take 45-60 days to return.

I am meeting with the funeral home people tomorrow to arrange his cremation and we will be having a service and reception next weekend, probably on Sat. I will let you all know more details tonight when we get times/date worked
out. If anybody wants to come here for this and needs a place to stay, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thank you to everybody for your care, concern and support. This has been the most difficult thing I have ever faced and knowing I am not alone has helped tremendously.

I can be reached at the numbers below and my email address is kimber@tekdivegirl.com

----------
Kimber
678-525-0896 cell
678-380-6306 home
http://www.tekdivegirl.com

My condolences and sympathies to you and your family.

Kimber, I am so sorry to hear about Mickey. Such a young and vital man. Please accept my condolences. Remember to take the time to take care of yourself.

Sue

Thank you for the well wishes.

And a HUGE thank you to Spectre for getting my name back for me.

I can promise Mickey can't log in as me and post anything again! (-:

Kimber

We are all here for you and all though we have never met, we may never meet, but if there is anything we can do for you. Please let us know, if you ever wish to come to Seattle to dive. Look me up.

Travis

Travisc once bubbled...
We are all here for you and all though we have never met, we may never meet, but if there is anything we can do for you. Please let us know, if you ever wish to come to Seattle to dive. Look me up.

Travis

Thanks. I have a job offer in Deming that I may end up taking now that this has all come about. So you never know - I may take you up on that.

Kimber

Im an just a new guy here, but I still wanted to say I am really sorry to hear about your loss.

I lost 4 good friends in Afghanistan just over a year ago and it was very hard on me and you have a greater loss, being someone you cared for and loved.

If there is anything I could do, do not hesitate to ask. You have a dive buddy up here in Canada if you ever need one.

my condolenses,
Clay Derouin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom