Rinsing regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Some of us civilized folk like to wash our hands before eating..

hahahaha... you foolish hand-washer...

90% of people don't wash their hands long enough or vigorously enough to
get rid of most of the bacteria!!

if you have a friend who's been to medical school, ask them about that.

H2Andy:
hahahaha... you foolish hand-washer...

90% of people don't wash their hands long enough or vigorously enough to
get rid of most of the bacteria!!

if you have a friend who's been to medical school, ask them about that.
I know all about it, I assure you :wink:

Why worry about a little diluted pee on your reg? Think what in a Hot Dog next time you stick one of those in your mouth. :D

Gary D.

I've only been on a couple of dive boats, but I remember rinsing my reg after the last dive. Then I rinsed it again after I got home.

WRT the posts about washing your dishes in the dirty laundry bucket, would you wash 'em in your fish tank? All those sea critters are doing nasty stuff in the water. So the answer is to quit diving and be a hermit in the high mountains with the pure air and Rocky Mountain spring water.

Gary D.:
Why worry about a little diluted pee on your reg? Think what in a Hot Dog next time you stick one of those in your mouth. :D

Gary D.
Some of us more civilized folk don't eat hot dogs... :wink:

let's get paranoid now, shall we?
I'm not going to share air with my buddy cuz i can't sterilize my octo afterwards..
'rinsing silverware'...well...have you checked at the restaurant what they do with the cutlery?
i think i'll worry about something else...

jonnythan:
Some of us more civilized folk don't eat hot dogs... :wink:
A New Yorker that doesn't eat Hot Dogs? That's it, the world is ending at the end of the week. :D

Gary D.

I normally dunk my regs as I get off the boat and then wash the mouthpieces well when I get home or back to the hotel, rubbing with soap and warm water. I figure it's more important to get as much salt off as soon as possible.
Quite honestly I've smelled much higher concentrations of pee in my regs on those occasions when my regs stayed in my dive bag on the boat overnight and other people's bags were placed on top of mine, dripping the pure stuff. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom