Ring Bungee System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use just a bungie old school side mount. My first stages are on the inside.

Yep, what he said. I relatively new to sidemount, & I dive dry all year. I use the old school bungie as well, with double ended bolt snaps, to clip them to my waist D rings when suiting/rigging up predive. This makes them easy to retrieve..

Mike D

Yep, what he said. I relatively new to sidemount, & I dive dry all year. I use the old school bungie as well, with double ended bolt snaps, to clip them to my waist D rings when suiting/rigging up predive. This makes them easy to retrieve..

Mike D
That's how i used to do it, but have recently been shown a different way that i'm now trying.... and so far, quite like....

Thread a Boltsnap onto the Loop bungee, and then connect it to the chest D ring..... you can leave it in place for kitting up/de-kitting, or move the bolt snap to the hip if that makes it easier for you.... and once kitted, you can leave it clipped off to the chest D ring, and use the loop bungee like normal. The Boltsnap acts like a guide and doesn't interfere too much with the positioning of the cylinders, they still pull back under my armpit, maybe not quite as much as "just bungee" but pretty good.

I like it _Stu. Will have to give it a try.
I'll still likely snap to my waist until I don tanks.
I tried storing, clipped to chest D-rings, but half the time I ended up with bungy's over my shoulder, instead of under.

My rig is a bit of a Franken-rig. DR transpac, with butt-plate, DR TP harness replaced with DIR like webbing, DR-back, over the wing in sidemount.
Rec wing tethers clipped to waist d-rings.
Not dedicated to sidemount, but flexible for travel, & conversion to single tanks sport rig.
I just have to swap wing & back position & cam-bands to the back for sport dives.

Mike D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom