Right angle adapter comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holdfast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you look at this page (a little ways down), you'll see a "90 Degree Swivel." The description reads like a right angle adaptor, but I wanted to make sure I am not missing anything. Also of note, is how inexpensive it is. On other sites, I've seen the Dive Rite and XS Scuba versions going from anywhere between $20 – $50, but the one at Dive Gear Express is going for $7.75.

I'm putting together an order from Dive Gear Express anyway, and want to grab this, but wanted to get some feedback considering the difference in product name and price from similar items.

If you have any thoughts or experiences with this product or similar, I'd sure appreciate. Thanks!

I never had any issues with mine however, I decided that a "70 degree swivel" worked better for my rig.

Bob

I use the dive rite 70% on my long hose configurations! my only recommendation is to stay clear of the adjustable swivels? I have had 2 which lost the head on the bolt do to cheap Chinese steel. luckily they both broke while cleaning and adjusting prior to diving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have used both the 90 and 70 from DGX, I prefer the 70 when using a 5ft primary and the 90 with a 40" primary. There is no issue with quality I use the cheap one. DGX sell quality gear at great prices, go for it.

Last edited:
I have used both the 90 and 70 from DGX, I prefer the 70 when using a 5ft primary and the 90 with a 40" primary. There is no issue with quality I use the cheap one. DGX sell quality gear at great prices, go for it.

Okay great, really glad to hear it. Order has been placed. Thanks for your input, and thanks for the additional clarity in your edit. Super saver shipping, so everything should be here in about a week. With luck, I'll be able to get a dive together for the 19th and try my new stuff out!

There is no issue with quality I use the cheap one. DGX sell quality gear at great prices, go for it.

the cheap one is cheap because its a simple. no screws or slip rings that require tight tolerance or cause stress points, and there is plenty of metal where its needed most. nice piece of kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom