Rigging 3rd tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dear friends:

Does anyone have a link to a site that shows (prefereably with pics) how to set up an extra tank to a regular BC such as a SeaQuest Pro or anyother that has rings.
I realize that a better way may be to use Back plates and special BCs.

Thanks

Most jacket BC's like the Pro-QD aren't really designed to handle stages.
That said, it can be done. Using the Pro-QD as an example, you can use a standard stage rig on the 80 - clip off the upper strap to the left shoulder "D" ring. Now, for the lower snap you have a choice - if you're willing to accept the butt of the 80 hanging low until you've used enough gas for it to rise up under your arm on it's own, you can use the small "D" ring at the base of the left pocket. If you want the tank in a more streamlined position from the beginning, you can mount a "D" ring at the 10:30 position (looking down with the valve face away from you) on the lower tank (position it where you can reach it with your left hand) and clip off there. Or you can put a piece of automobile innertube on the lower tank and make a ring from a zip-tie - tacky and of course I've never done it and nobody saw me and you can't prove it.
Rick

Thank you; that was helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom