Riding Rock San Salvador Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Fic

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone stayed here recently? I've heard some good things about it but would like to hear some first hand accounts. We will be there December 6th through the 13th. We were originally scheduled to go to Brac Reef at Cayman Brac but it was blown away by the hurricane so San Salvador it is. Thanks in advance for any advice or just any experiences.

Brad

We have spent two dive vacations on San Salvador, both at Club Med. Riding Rock seems very, very quiet. Like two or three divers. I hope you have a good time. Isn't much to do outside of diving on Columbus Isle, which is why we choose the CM. I also have to use this space to complain about the boat captain of Riding Rock. During our last stay, he purposely anchored at the scheduled CM dive site, just for aggravation. Four times is no accident. There are over 50 sites, none so unique that require getting there first. I guess that made an impression on many divers, who would now have no intention of ever going there.

Have stayed there 3 times; the diving is good; the food good; professional operation. Most of the sites are wall dives, which we love.

There is not much to do on the island - very quiet, not a place I'd recommend for non divers; only issue is there is a lot of coral bleaching, but this may not be unique to San Salvador.

I also have to use this space to complain about the boat captain of Riding Rock. During our last stay, he purposely anchored at the scheduled CM dive site, just for aggravation. Four times is no accident. There are over 50 sites, none so unique that require getting there first. I guess that made an impression on many divers, who would now have no intention of ever going there.

I'm not so sure what the big deal is about another dive op being at a site before you. Four times in one week (21-28 possible dives) doesn't seem like he was plotting against you. Most likely both ops take people to the more popular sites out of the 50 available. Crossover is going to happen. Furthermore, the boat capitan doesn't decide where they go. Either the shop has a schedule or the divers on board , with approval from the DM, decide where to go.

Just because another dive boat gets there before me isn't enough for me to not dive with them in the future. In fact, I would make note that they get out earlier, which is something I like.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom