Rhode Island Day (.50) Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
What a great day of diving!!! Raxafarian and Mrs. Raxafarian and I got in a total of three great dives AND some great bbq.

First off, Ft. Wetherill is a great site. Like a lot of other MA divers, I assumed it was not worth the trek b/c the site was mostly used for training. Wrong. Well worth the trek in my opinion.

• Lots of fish - I mean lots
  • Great parking andeasy access to shore
  • My personal favorite - the water is warm enough to dive without a hood and gloves. We did three dives and I never felt chilled. Way sweet...

Everyone, and I mean everyone should come down and join us for the 1st offial NELD gathering in Rhode Island, R.I. Day #1...this was just the warm up for the hard cores. :) The vis was great, and no reason to think it won't be again tomorrow...let's hope.

The hero of the day? Mrs. Raxafarian. Lisa put together the official scuba grill in record time, with a minimal use of tools. Awesome scuba grill...and it makes great hot dogs.

BTW...everyone reading this thread should PM Raxafarian and ask him what Hot Dogs a la Raxafarian are...very tasty.

Seriously...great fun. Looking forward to some more of it tomorrow.

Matthew

either that or I'm a cheapskate:D

Then again, I've done 10 years there in May in 42 F water in a 6mm. So I guess my dues have been paid :wink:

Sorry we missed this weekend, looks like a great time!
We didn't trust the weather enough to bring the wee one. She had a bit of a cough and has her big 2 this coming weekend so we didn't want to chance an illness. :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom