Rhapsody in Blue and Gray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
DSCF0003.jpg

100% new, yahooooooo.

N

It is right out of the box brand new. And to think all those poor fellows paying 600 dollars for them on eBay and now we got new ones.

N

Mine will be here soon, just ordered one yesterday. It was just to good to pass up. I still need to find some guts for it, I'm not gunna take apart my other single stagers. Just have to hunt down the parts, its all part of the fun.

DSCF0003.jpg

100% new, yahooooooo.

N
Sweet!
I saw that on the VDH site, but didn't know what to make of it. I take it that, for lack of a better word, it's kit? you supply the guts?

Thanks Nem and David,

I have the "guts" of the original AMF Voit Blue Fifty Fathom, but no cans. This is the original downstream single stage guts, not the Mistral guts. I just may give myself a present soon. I appreciate the info. This is my favorite mouthpiece too, and I currently do not have any.

SeaRat

Last edited:
This regulator used both internals, the Gagnan down-stream version and the Mistral-type. We have not been able to find any way to tell which internals a particular unit has until you get inside. The labels and cans on both units are apparently the same. The location hole for the indexing pin is different however but you can't see that from the outside. The hoses and mouthpieces have been available for about a year now, the cans, having just arrived. Another great endeavor by a member of the vintage dive community. As one who tries to provide some aspect of authentic reproduction (harnesses) I fully appreciate the effort and money Rob has invested in this product.

Very slick Rob, in fact downright unbelievable.:D

Of course it does shoot some holes in the jabs the vintage divers like to take at single hosers with plastic regulators.:shocked2:

Pete

The index pin hole may not line up with your Mistral innards but it is easy to make another hole, that is a no brainier. The quality is high, indiscernible from the original unless under the closest scrutiny side by side. Very nice.

Y'all might not notice but there are also gray diaphragms, gray cage valves, wow!

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom