Question Revillagigedo Park Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm booked for a liveaboard trip to Socorros in December of this year. I understand from the operator that Park fees have been increased substantially, to USD 100 per day; by no means a trivial amount for a 7-day trip. The good news is that the Park fees are waived for retirees. The catch however is that you apparently need an official letter certifying that you are a pensioner. In the case of the United States, I don't believe that the federal government issues any such certifications for anyone other than former federal government employees. I asked whether a pay stub or W2 form showing my pension would qualify but was told that it would not. Has anyone else faced this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve?

I'm booked for a liveaboard trip to Socorros in December of this year. I understand from the operator that Park fees have been increased substantially, to USD 100 per day; by no means a trivial amount for a 7-day trip. The good news is that the Park fees are waived for retirees. The catch however is that you apparently need an official letter certifying that you are a pensioner. In the case of the United States, I don't believe that the federal government issues any such certifications for anyone other than former federal government employees. I asked whether a pay stub or W2 form showing my pension would qualify but was told that it would not. Has anyone else faced this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve?
I just used my Social Security Benefits record with sensitive stuff redacted. Worked fine. So if you collect Social Security you can use that. Just log in to the website and find the last annual letter you got and send that in.

I just used my Social Security Benefits record with sensitive stuff redacted. Worked fine. So if you collect Social Security you can use that. Just log in to the website and find the last annual letter you got and send that in.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t yet collect Social Security, just a pension from my former employer.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t yet collect Social Security, just a pension from my former employer.
Maybe they can give you a letter saying you no longer work there and are collection a pension. Or maybe some letter that you got when you started collecting would work. I think a variety of things will work. Good luck! Socorro is magical. I'm going back for a 2nd time in Feb.

HR should have a pension verification document - mine says that I am receiving $X a month and having $Y deducted for Fed and State taxes. I also threw in a letter from HR congratulating me on my retirement. That and the Social Security Annual Benefits Summary is what I submitted and it has worked thru 3 trips so far.

The operator should only charge the Park fee on days when the boat is in Socorro - not for in-transit days during the crossings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom