Revillagigedo Islands on the Nautilus Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A quick video compilation from our dive trip to the Revillagigedo Islands on the Nautilus Explorer. I literally just got of the boat this morning. Great group, great crew, fantastic diving! We dove at Socorro, Roca Partida and San Benedicto. Many giant pacific mantas, white tip sharks, silky sharks, bottlenose dolphins, huge schools of jacks and more. Our group also saw whale sharks, tigers sharks and hammerhead sharks in deeper water. The humpback whales were also arriving and we could hear them singing underwater at Roca. It was an amazing trip and we will definitely go back in the future. https://youtu.be/7e_0CbbxK5c

I'll be there in 2 weeks,what was the water temperature? Very nice video

It was 76 to 80 F. The DMs said it was cooler than the previous week. It will probably get cooler by the time you get on the boat which means more sharks for you. Have a great trip!

The currents were very strong on some dives. I highly recommend that have experience diving in strong currents and deploying an SMB. Some divers were carried away at San Benedicto and they needed to use their SMB to signal the panga. Also bring gloves. They say not to but with strong currents you will want to hold onto the rocks and they were sharp in some locations.

Water temp was mid to high 70s and I wore a full 3mm with a 5/3 hooded vest. Visibility was fine. The diving is similar to Galapagos if you have done that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom