Review of the Oly XZ-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jun, Great pix!!!
Eggs:D. Outstanding!!! Wide looking good too. Please keep posting after some off gassing.
Thanks again for posting your fabulous pictures.

tnks Joe, this cam is a small beast,

on video, macro is a-ok, but wide angle though is not as good as lumix's, heres a quick vid made with cool cool peeps

[youtubehq]P4Lb9PBxYBA[/youtubehq]

below is a wa vid from a lumix zs3/tz7, where it retains details, terrible pics though, too flat, i reckon same as the tz10 (even with pasm) due to sensor size?
[youtubehq]xlbr4nP90bA[/youtubehq]

cant have it all :( , was hoping the xz1 had the same wa hd quality vid as lumix's...

i think maybe the total package would be the lx5, but housing cost ltd too pricey third party housings (budget guy that I am), i've searched you tube or this board and couldnt see a lx5 vid sample though

Last edited:
I now have my Inon UWL 100, Inon UCL 165, Inon dual mount caddy, and my XZ-1.....
I'm hoping to have my housing from Scott at Bluewater by next Friday and pics the following week.
Any ideas on a simple fix for mounting the Inon caddy on Sea & Sea arms?

I'm very much looking forward to your report as I've got the UWL100 with dome along with 67mm macro lens and want to know if they are compatible and how much if any you need to zoom with the wideangle lens.

Jun Lao, very nice photos! Are you using external macro lens?

Jun Lao, very nice photos! Are you using external macro lens?
tnks sir, yes chief, inon ucl165, am now pondering adding another, for the small stuff use macro mode, with zoom at 30%-50%, anything beyond, doesn't focus, tried super macro mode with a dive light, it isnt as sharp and fixed 6mm at that mode

Jun, will get you an LX5 video as soon as I can get back in the water (a couple of weeks)...

tnks Joe, this cam is a small beast,

on video, macro is a-ok, but wide angle though is not as good as lumix's, heres a quick vid made with cool cool peeps

[youtubehq]P4Lb9PBxYBA[/youtubehq]

below is a wa vid from a lumix zs3/tz7, where it retains details, terrible pics though, too flat, i reckon same as the tz10 (even with pasm) due to sensor size?
[youtubehq]xlbr4nP90bA[/youtubehq]

cant have it all :( , was hoping the xz1 had the same wa hd quality vid as lumix's...

i think maybe the total package would be the lx5, but housing cost ltd too pricey third party housings (budget guy that I am), i've searched you tube or this board and couldnt see a lx5 vid sample though

tnks puffer chief, will await with patience :mooner:

o, saw this lx5 vid on the lx5 thread, by scipionem's
[youtubehq]A2Aiz_1eRvc[/youtubehq] ist thoughts, similar to xz1 vid

Last edited:
Jun,

Which wide angle are you using? Any viginetting? Been some comments in other threads that the housing may not strong enough to support a wide angle. Any thoughts?

Looking at this setup as my old G9 had a burial at sea last week...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom