Review of CoCo View Resort (long write up, but hopefully worth the read)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the excellent, in-depth review. Coco View is one of those places that seems to always get great reviews. My wife and I just got back from a week at Reef House Resort and loved it. I plan to write up a review in the upcoming week. Glad you had a good trip.

The college group was not there to study the lion fish, but instead were doing a brains and biodiversity class, so i'm not sure they would of had enough information to go on for any kind of conclusion. Even the speech that was given was pretty un conclusive.

Unfortunately this is the way it is with many college, univeristy, church and mission programs. Often they have a big hoopla at home, raise money for a trip for all the good that will be done and all the information and education aquired yet so often as is the case, they are on vacation and writing it off or getting an easy credit because the professor like the Island. Why do we seldom see a Mission group or school program head to Mosquitia, Olancho , San Pedro or the like? Why do they so often stay in the Resorts if they want to learn about , study or help the local people and environment?

Had to dig this review back up, headed back to Coco View in January, can't wait :) Looking forward to taking lots of pictures. Anyone ever take the photography class while there, or do the 3-tank trip to the west side?

Great trip report. I did Utila this year and it was awesome! However, I noticed you were from Alaska and I was wondering if it would be cheaper for you to get to Asia Pacific places like Fiji and Palau instead of Caribbean?

Btw... how is diving in Fairbanks?

Great trip report. I did Utila this year and it was awesome! However, I noticed you were from Alaska and I was wondering if it would be cheaper for you to get to Asia Pacific places like Fiji and Palau instead of Caribbean?

Btw... how is diving in Fairbanks?

Thanks for reading my report. Currently getting to the Caribbean is still a lot easier and cheaper, as their is always decent AK Airlines awards tickets available. Went to Cozumel the last two years as one of my friends who lives in Fairbanks owns a dive shop there. Palau is on the list for the future. As far as the diving in Fairbanks, its just much ponds with low viz for the most part, however we do dive them. It was -6F on Thursday, so that season is done for me :)

I have done the all day trip to the West side many times...it is a good way to see the u/w landscape on a different side of the island...I always see lots of turtles and they usually stop at West End for SI so you can walk around there...and their lunch they serve is wonderful (fried chicken & potato salad) yummy....not a photog but my friends are and have taken the class and loved it..have fun

Thanks for the detailed review. A buddy and I are going to CCV during the last week of Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the detailed review. A buddy and I are going to CCV during the last week of Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you have a great time, I will be there the week of the 17th-24th, and will do a little more of a condensed review this next time. Or who knows, maybe it will be more detailed :)

Reactions: Doc

Back
Top Bottom