Review of Airtech scuba regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy1

Contributor
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a used set of Apeks Teck 3's that hadn't been serviced in a while. The local shop that services Apeks wanted $400 to do the service!! I ended up sending the regulators out to Airtech in Raleigh and have been thoroughly impressed by the whole process. Since I had picked up the regs used I was curious how much corrosion there was internal and what kind of shape they were in. I added a request to my ticket to see if they would send me some pics of the internals. The obliged my request and the pics looked good. Upon return of the regulators, they had included the old parts as well as a tag showing the IP, cracking effort, test pressure, and everything else they checked. I haven't had a chance to dive the regs yet, but so far everything has been handled very well. Service ended up being about $250 for 2 first and 2 seconds, which I thought was fair (would have been cheaper if I had the free parts). At this point I feel I can recommend them to anyone looking to get their regs serviced not by their local shop.

Rex and his team are the best. It goes a long way when you have a company that does nothing but service gear. You didn't have to put on the request for reference, SoP for them is to give everything back in a bag along with the testing specifications. It's brilliant.
$250 sucks, but that's the cost of Apeks parts kits for you. These guys aren't cheap, but they're worth it.

After getting quoted $400 from the local shop I thought $250 was a steal. The only thing I really requested was some pics of the internals. Everything else was their SOP.

I live in Raleigh and AirTech is my go to for service for several years now. Would use them even if I were not in Raleigh. Super helpful folks.

I had my daughters regs serviced there a few weeks ago and when we picked them up, they gave us free pool time to check them out and make sure all was well. She commented that the back up second stage breathed a little hard and there was a noticeable "pop" (to use her words) with each breath and they took them back and said they'd look over the regs again to make sure all was well. I've always had great experiences there.

also of note, for those that use Poseidon's, this probably the only shop I'd trust to service mine since they have been at it for quite a while

Thanks for pointing that out... I have Xstreme Deeps and over 50 percent of the time I've had them serviced, it isn't done correctly..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom