Returning after 18 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
18 years ago, my wife, son and I left Hawaii after a wonderful four year stint at Ft Shafter. We swore we would one day return for a visit. Well, the wait is over. My wife and I are coming to Oahu in June and will be staying at the Turtle Bay Resort for 7 days. During the four years there, I made hundreds of dives, many on North Shore, specifically Shark's Cove, behind the fire station, three tables and Haleiwa Trench. I have made those dives over and over again in my mind over the years and can't wait to re-experience them. Most of my diving will be from the shore. I would like to make a couple of wreck dives however. Back then, the only wreck dive I made was the YO-57 which was fantastic. Is that the best wreck to dive or can someone suggest something better. Also, which dive operation would you suggest? Many of those that were there way back then are long gone and I'm not very familiar with the ones there now. As far as shore diving, I plan on hopefully getting together with others at the dive sites. Are dive flags still required? I appreciate any information you can offer. If any of you are in the North Shore area June 23 to 29 and are looking for a dive buddy, let me know.

Aloha Old School!

I think it will be awesome to be back in Oahu waters after nearly 2 decades. Can't wait for your post dive report!

Lot's of wrecks to be seen here. WW2 Corsair plane, a half dozen or so barges, YO 257, Seatiger and San Pedro as well as the Mahi. With 6 days to dive you may think of booking a variety of charters but beware, most leave out of a harbor (Hawaii Kai, Kewalos or Waianae) that are at least an hour drive from Turtle Bay.

Hope to see you soon!

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom