Return to Sharm: The Oasis of Red Sea Diving: Best of Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab, Egypt: Sept 2017

If interested, which is your preferred date period?

• September 2nd-12th, 2017

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • September 9th-19th, 2017

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sciryl

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Return to Sharm- The Oasis of Red Sea Diving: The Best of Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab, Egypt
September 2017

Group Leader: Tarek El-Kolalli (PADI OWSI)

Package 1 (11 days/ 8 diving days/ Up to 22 dives) (Platinum Package): The Best of Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab: Thistlegorm/ Ras Muhammad/Tiran/The Blue Hole/ Dahab/ Camel Dive/ Gabr el Bint Extravaganza (Potential Dates: September 2nd-12th or September 9th-19th, based on demand)
Price: $1,495

Includes:
  • Up to 12 dives in Ras Muhammad/Tiran/Sharm El Sheikh sites (Daily site selection depends on conditions) (Free Nitrox for certified Nitrox divers)
  • Up to 3 dives Thistlegorm trip (2 Thistlegorm/ 1 Ras Muhammad or Sharm local depending on weather conditions) (Free Nitrox for certified Nitrox divers)
    • Breakfast/Lunch included on Thistlegorm trip
  • Up to 5 guided shore dives in Dahab and Ras Abu Galum (Free Nitrox for Nitrox divers)
    • Dahab dives include the Blue Hole
    • Ras Abu Galum pristine remote site 1.5 hours north of the Blue Hole (hiking/camel ride)
      • Camel transport/hiking to Ras Abu Galum
      • Lunch in Ras Abu Galum
    • Up to 2 boat dives (1 trip) in pristine and remote Gabr el Bint (Free Nitrox for certified Nitrox divers)
  • 7 days/6 nights accommodations at Renaissance by Marriott Golden Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh (Breakfast included)
  • 4 nights accommodations at Le Meridien Dahab Resort (Breakfast included)
  • Tanks/Weights
  • Transport to/from Sharm El Sheikh airport (SSH)
  • Transport to/from hotel to all daily dive sites
  • Transport to/from hotel in Dahab
  • Transport to/from Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab
Not Included:
  • Meals excluding breakfast in Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab
  • Ras Muhammad National Park Fees/Hyperbaric Chamber Fees of ~$9 per day (Only on days going to Ras Muhammad) (Paid on date of boat trip)
  • Gratuities (Group Leader/Divemasters/Boat Crews) (Recommended tips: 10-20% of trip price)
  • Flights (US based may book flights to Cairo and continue to Sharm El Sheikh via Egypt Air (~6 direct flights daily from Cairo to SSH)
  • Gear rental (Inquire directly for gear rental costs)
  • PADI Continuing Education courses available: (Courses are provided by Group Leader and must be arranged at least 3 weeks prior to trip to ensure receipt of course marterials. Inquire directly for prices)
    • Enriched Air Nitrox Course
    • Advanced Open Water Course
Package 2 (9 days/ 6 diving days/ Up to 17 dives) (Gold Package): The Best of Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab: Thistlegorm/ Ras Muhammad/Tiran/The Blue Hole/ Dahab/ Camel Dive (Potential Dates: September 3rd-11th or September 10th-18th, based on demand)
Price: $1,250

Package Description: 1 less dive day at Sharm and 1 less day at Dahab (Excludes boat dive at Gabr el Bint)

Package 3 (9 days/ 5 diving days/ Up to 14 dives) (Silver Package): The Best of Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab: Ras Muhammad/Tiran/The Blue Hole/ Dahab/ Camel Dive (Potential Dates: September 3rd-11th or September 10th-18th, based on demand)
Price: $1,099

Package Description: Same as Gold package but excludes Thistlegorm wreck. Will have 1 free day without diving day of Thistlegorm wreck

Final dates are dependent on overall interest. Attached is a flier and contact information. Come back to the Red Sea, the Oasis of diving!

Attachments

• Return to Sharm- Red Sea Oasis Dive Trip-Sept 2017.pdf
    371.1 KB · Views: 171
Definitely interested. One correction though, visa is US$60 as of March 1st, with 4 months moratorium, rumor is it will definitely go up. It has already gone up at the embassy, although not that much, +€5. How do you treat CMAS 2, as I did not receive any specialty card, but am trained and did dive to 40m? I expect my dive number to double during this summer.

Definitely interested. One correction though, visa is US$60 as of March 1st, with 4 months moratorium, rumor is it will definitely go up. It has already gone up at the embassy, although not that much, +€5. How do you treat CMAS 2, as I did not receive any specialty card, but am trained and did dive to 40m? I expect my dive number to double during this summer.

The visa increase that was scheduled to go into effect for March 1st was postponed until July 1st. It will be reviewed again at that time prior to implementation (So we'll need to check on it as we get closer to the date). If you have CMAS 2 star rating, then that's equivalent to Advanced and will allow you to go the maximum recreational depth of 40m.

Did you obtain your Enriched Air Nitrox rating as well? Prior to our first checkout dive, we'll review logbooks, experience, etc. and review any concerns you may have or questions you may have about the sites. If you decide to join, did you have a preference on the date? I'm obtaining feedback now to finalize the week (September 2nd or 9th). Feel free to contact me via whatsApp or Viber as well if you have any questions.

Yes, have Nitrox card, right now waiting to finish Advanced Nitrox. No preference for particular date.
Okay great. Let me know when you are ready to finalize and I'll send you the information for the deposit as well as required paperwork for the trip so I can reserve your spot. It should be a great time. Look forward to having you dive with us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom