Return to Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sasquatch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, it's been three years on a project in Northern California and now I find myself back in the Pacific Northwest. Though I'll miss the diving in Monterey and, to a lesser degree, Lake Tahoe I'm happy to be back.

Tides look a little weird but I'm anxious to dive. If I can hook up with anyone working the kind of weird hours I work I'm up for a dive. I'm good to go any day between 8AM and 1PM and anytime Sunday/Monday. I work in Seattle (SODO) and live in Des Moines.

Generally, how's the visibility in the area right now?

Any events coming up?

Any training events?

Catch me up.

Sasquatch
(Dave Smith)

Dove Hood Canal last weekend with our local dive shop and vis was off the charts, best I have ever seen there. Up to 40 ft, but typically was 25-30, and full of life, water at depth was a balmy 46 degrees, dove mainly sund rock, but some dove yellow house with less favorable results, heard octopus hole was the same as sund rock

Welcome back! Viz has recently been stellar, although it's kind of on the way down again. You just missed Dive Around the Clock, and I don't know of any particular special events headed our way this summer.

As far as training goes, since you left, Brian Wiederspan and Jeanna Edgerton have become instructors with the new DIR agency, UTD, and are teaching up a storm.

It's a long drive for you, but there's a standing Monday afternoon and evening dive at Mukilteo, with one dive at 4pm and the other at about 6.

I'd be happy to meet up one morning next week -- this one is shot already.

Both posts were great, thanks. I always enjoyed Mukilteo and not just for the crab hunting!

The viz in the Canal sounds great but I know it doesn't last.

I'll pipe up again later this week to see about hooking up next week with times, etc.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom