Return to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the Buddy-fans, they have done away with Friday night Rum Punch Party and daily Happy Hour.
Well, not quite. there is still a Friday Night party but no free rum punch; you arrive and get a chit for two Caprihina-like cocktails. Happy Hour every night is still happening...special cocktails, for example.

Well, not quite. there is still a Friday Night party but no free rum punch; you arrive and get a chit for two Caprihina-like cocktails. Happy Hour every night is still happening...special cocktails, for example.
True, but it's nothing like it used to be with wall to wall people, many staying on for the Friday night buffet, people dancing to the music of Moogie, my hubby getting in trouble for bringing his own pocket sized bottle of *extra* rum to spike our punch, Murph and the crew holding court.

True, but it's nothing like it used to be with wall to wall people, many staying on for the Friday night buffet, people dancing to the music of Moogie, my hubby getting in trouble for bringing his own pocket sized bottle of *extra* rum to spike our punch, Murph and the crew holding court.
Agreed, completely.
Nostalgia is just not what it used to be.

I'll be happy to just be able to sit on our porch/balcony at the end of a long dive day watching the sunset with a cold beverage.

Although we did not visit Bobbejan's during our Bonaire trip last month, the place appeared to be open for business as usual.

Not quite business as usual

Not quite business as usual
Okay. In what way? Different hours?

Okay. In what way? Different hours?
Oh, sorry Lorenzoid, I was just starting to reply when our guests arrived and did not mean to send that message then, hoping to finish the message later.

What I meant to say was that Bobbejans remains open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for take out only. Their interior garden where you can dine in remains closed. We did a take away a couple of weeks ago and I asked the owner about the outlook for re opening the dining in part and he indicated that there was no intention of doing so anytime soon. He hinted at possibility of changing the entire venue in future.

So the good news is, for now, take away remains available but the bad news is that going out and eating there on site may be a fading memory.

Cheers

AGD

Back
Top Bottom