Retractable Compass & Depth Gauge Combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaverickNH

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone make a simple retractable compass and depth gauge combination? I have a wireless air integrated computer on my arm but would like a combo compass/depth gauge for easy navigation (the depth gauge would also be a backup for my computer).

There are retractable compasses but I have never seen a combo. I just clip my watch off to a D-ring and call it good. If I need it I will taking it off.

I have an air integrated computer that has an integrated digital compass on my right wrist (Suunto Vyper Air). However, I am not all that crazy about the digital compass, so I wear a dedicated compass on my left wrist. For that matter, I don't completely trust the air integration, so I also have a brass spg on my left hip d-ring.

King of funny that I googled "scuba depth guage compass combo" and the first hit was this thread :)

If I am understanding correctly, you want a compass and depth guage on a retractor that you can pull out and hold in front of you making it easy to keep an eye on your compass heading and current depth without moving your head, correct?

If that is the case, sorry, I don't know of anything. I would suggest a compass on your wrist, and you can see your heading and depth at the same time (computer on other wrist). While I would agree that a retractor is more comfortable, I generally don't like things dangling from me unless absolutely necessary.

Mount your compass on your forearm as close to your wrist as you can [bungee mount] More accurate navigating that way by taking quick glances at it......After awhile it'll become 'second' nature.........There are several depth gauge mounting options for retractors and on hoses, so it's out of the way until/if you need it........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom