Restrictions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None, that I know of. You will have your temperature taken at the airport, and you will need to wear a mask. Other than that, it's pretty much normal (traveling by air).

I have been to Cancun from NYC twice recently, in June and in August. No restrictions for flights, but the land border is still closed. I had my temperature taken on arrival in Cancun, and had to wear a mask. Mexico had on online Covid form/declaration to fill at the airport when leaving, so make sure your phone is charged and working, they were checking the form at security. Best part was the non-existent security line when back in the US. It took five minutes to go through.

As of last weekend in Cozumel, no more questionair, temp taken either by hand or thermal imaging camera just after Immigration where the dogs sniff your knapsack.
In town masks in public, most restaurants open (80%? Capacity limit) no buffets, boats at 60%.
Customs folks are very hungry three persons checking luggage non stop, if there is an open spot or an expat returnie no red / green button, directed straight to inspection. Friend was hit up for a bribe last week for a small overage on pipe tobacco (previously unheard of in Cozumel).

Yes, the customs people are going greedy. I'll say no more.

Dave Dillehay

Dave Dillehay
I'll go with hungry but I truly hope it does not become the norm. The lack of (or least the minimalisation / suppression) of petty corruption has been a pretty good draw for the island.

I have been to Cancun from NYC twice recently, in June and in August. No restrictions for flights, but the land border is still closed. I had my temperature taken on arrival in Cancun, and had to wear a mask. Mexico had on online Covid form/declaration to fill at the airport when leaving, so make sure your phone is charged and working, they were checking the form at security. Best part was the non-existent security line when back in the US. It took five minutes to go through.

Land border is open, went to Baja in September.

Dave Dillehay

I am also 100 percent sure the customs officials are being greedy. Insert various expletives here _________.

I had started typing a longer diatribe a couple of times but don’t think I posted it. I don’t think normal tourists will have a problem unless they are pushing some alcohol/tobacco limit , but I would be well within the 500 dollar limit (with receipts ) if you are bringing household or business items down for friends.

I am also 100 percent sure the customs officials are being greedy. Insert various expletives here _________.

I had started typing a longer diatribe a couple of times but don’t think I posted it. I don’t think normal tourists will have a problem unless they are pushing some alcohol/tobacco limit , but I would be well within the 500 dollar limit (with receipts ) if you are bringing household or business items down for friends.

I wonder how that really works.... I don't remember them paying attention if I was a tourist or resident when I first moved here - I had 200# of scuba gear.

If I buy a rebreather in Florida and return? There's no documentation of what I left the island with..... There's a shiny almost new one for sale in Florida, just wondering...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom